Allow Myself to Introduce Myself

Hello I'm Jordan and I'm new to the site. I'm an American who has been traveling across latin america (Mexico to here) while working online. So far the journey has been for over 7 months.

In that time Medellin became a legend from all the recommendations I received from travelers headed north. So here I am and in the short time I've been here I've already been a bit spellbound. I plan to get an apartment and stay for at least 3 months and maybe make this my home base moving forward beyond that.

My goal is to settle in a bit,  work on my spanish, learn salsa, get health insurance and see how it is to base myself from here.

I have an online business so I've got that side covered, but I have a lot of questions about living here so I thought it'd be great to find a community. Thanks for reading and talk more soon.

Jordan

Hi Jordan - Welcome on Expat.com :)

Hi Jordan! I've never been to Medellin myself but I definitely need to go visit soon. What sort of online business do you have?

Welcome to Medellin. Hope you enjoy the best climate in Colombia. Health Insurance for tourist visitors is not in my knowledge. They do accept cash and unless you have a catastrophe, that would be your best bet.
You can find furnished apts on a month to month. Though they are expensive, it all depends in what sector.

Thanks gang for the warm welcome. Iryna, I help companies design successful games (and some non-games) for mobile phones. Basically, I'm a game designer. I work with a consulting company that handles finding business, which gives me the freedom to be out of the country.

I've rented a 2 bedroom apartment with a friend. It's not someplace I'd want to stay permanently, but I think it's a good base to figure out where, and if, I'd like to stay in Medellin. So far I love it but really need to get on my Spanish!

Hi Jordan:
How is it going so far?  I just got back and notice your intro.  I found an excellent place to eat sea food in Belen.  Marea is the name of the place.  Calle 30A Number 73-59.  They are moving 2 doors down but it is easy to find.  The best best seafood and they also serve Colombian food.  Breakfast all day and the fair is very affordable.  They also deliver and have a facebook site:  Marea Ceviche y Comida.  235 7615 is the number talk with Cristian.

Anyhow, did you find a place to live?  I will be back in Colombia in 4 to 6 months.  Let me know if I can be of help.

Hello Jordan,, Are you still on site? Alan

Hi, Jordan. I am planning to come to Medellin in March for 3-6 months so wondering how you're doing and whether this turned out to be the place you had hoped it might be.