We are interested in learning about living in Panama or in Equador.

I would appreciate any suggestions or advice that expats in Panama or Equador would have about opportunities teaching English as a second language.  My partner and I have our TESOL certification and would need to work to support ourselves after moving.  I am also a CIDESCO diplomat and have international certification to perform all esthetic practices.  Working for a plastic surgeon or dermatologist would be great but ideally I would like to set up a private practice for facials, waxing, chemical peels, lash extensions, etc.  Would starting a business be difficult?  I am also an instructor in these modalities and would like to start an esthetics school.  Any advice?
Karen

Hi Karen,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I think that it would be better that your post also on the Ecuador forum, it will help you to receive datas from both Panama and Ecuador and as a result it will help you in your decision making process. ;)

Priscilla
Expat.com team

I would suggest that you visit for at least four to six months first. As far as working here in Panama, I would suggest you research the pay. It is VERY low. We live here in Panama and love it, but we are retired. I am retired out of the banking and investing sector and when I came down here to retire I thought maybe I would get a part-time job for a few days a week to keep my financial mind in tack. First, they don't have part-time in my industries down here, and second full time is six days a week. My starting pay would be around $450. a month working six days a week. I guess you know, I said oh heck NO, so I am enjoying my reading the financials on line with a glass of wine.