The other side of the Maldivian postcard

Hi,

As a tourist in a foreign country, very often, we are enchanted with what we discover.

Living abroad is different. It's a rich experience but there are also some difficulties to face.

When people ask me for advice on living abroad, I then tend to say that one should also look at both sides of the postcard.

As an expat in Maldives, how would you describe the two sides of your Maldivian postcard?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Julien

Off course living away from your country and family  is a difficult task but it a a unique experience too...
But it becomes more difficult in less populated countries like maldives specially when you are living on a island...
I moved to maldives in a deccember 2013 as a doctor my few friends were already working there and it was unbeleivable for me what they advised me " you will move to maldive as a doctor for maldivian people but for your survival you should be a better chef, a plumber, a tailor, a barber and everything else"
although i got posting on a populated island even then life is not that much easy home sickness is always there... Anyways the thing which compensate all theae things is the last date of the month my salary day...