The other side of the Zambian postcard

Hi,

As a tourist in a foreign country, very often, we are enchanted with what we discover.

Living abroad is different. It's a rich experience but there are also some difficulties to face.

When people ask me for advice on living abroad, I then tend to say that one should also look at both sides of the postcard.

As an expat in Zambia, how would you describe the two sides of your Zambian postcard?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Julien

indeed two sides,  have lived in many other countries before coming to Zambia. First thing I noticed is how civil Zambians are. They are a cheerful lot who do not harbour strong anti - feelings against foreigners. I have cherished this characteristic.

The downside may not apply to all but only in my case. Finding a genuine friend who can always be there for you, is not an easy feat in a foreign country. People befriend you for all kinds of reasons but overall, there is a tendency to accumulate friends because of social factors eg, they wanna party with you, they wanna have a ggod time, etc but when t comes to times when you really need support, it may not be easy