Places to visit in New Jersey

Hi,

For the ones living in New Jersey, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in New Jersey, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in New Jersey?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

Julie ,
You can bring your friends to Jersey shore such as a point pleasant beach ,cape may,wildwood ,flagship,or shopping jersey garden mall

Hi!
Our visitors always want to go to NYC! But we have also enjoyed:

Liberty Science Center , Liberty State Park - great views of the city too!
New Hope/Lambertville - two very cute towns on banks of Delaware river
Princeton
South Mountain Reservation
Grounds for Sculpture - beautiful grounds with huge contemporary sculptures
Various farms - Howell, Fosterfields, Terhune
Jersey Shore - Sandy Hook, Spring Lake, Cape May,

I just posted about day trips yesterday on my blogspot blog,  NJ Expat Guru. The links are all on there.

Have a great time with your family!

The best thing to see is New Jersey in your rear view mirror as you head into either NY or PA.

mugtech Did someone put a bug in your coffee today.  I lived in new jersey for 30 years and still have family there. It actually has some very nice parts to it.

Maybe you should spend some time and visit before heading off to the wilds of Pa.

Bob K

Another nice spot to visit or thing to do is take in a concert at the Garden State art center.

Bob K

Bob K wrote:

mugtech Did someone put a bug in your coffee today.  I lived in new jersey for 30 years and still have family there. It actually has some very nice parts to it.

Maybe you should spend some time and visit before heading off to the wilds of Pa.

Bob K

Was just kidding, complimenting the fine highway system in NJ.

Now that is funny. Have  a good day.
Enjoy the cold and snow!

Bob K

Bob K wrote:

Another nice spot to visit or thing to do is take in a concert at the Garden State art center.

Bob K

Great place, saw the Moody Blues play there with a symphony orchestra.

For me it was Moody Blues at Red Rocks amphitheater in Colorado.  Actually the concert the recoding was made at.

Bob K

Bob K wrote:

For me it was Moody Blues at Red Rocks amphitheater in Colorado.  Actually the concert the recoding was made at.

Bob K

1991 or 1992? Then the tour, caught them at Radio City Music Hall in 1993, a great place in NYC for music

I always love visiting Princeton when I go to NJ... Also Newark has a lot of really authentic Spanish from Spain restaurants...