How to make friends in Texas

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Texas :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Texas??

Thanks in advance for your participation

Texas is the bible belt in the USA and the best way to make good friends who will not take advantage of you is to attend a local church. Stay away from bars. The men are pigs there.

The local chamber of commerce has info on group activties for the town you live to meet people too.

I'm from San Antonio and there are great churches all over Texas from all religions.

Enjoy your stay,
Fernando

I have lived in Austin, Texas and also later on North Padre island near Corpus Christi. Austin is a high tech mecca + administrative center = lots of professionals, most of them geeks, most of them young + a lot of students (4 universities).
Never attended any church, but friends were not difficult to find: you'd find people at your appartment's pool or gym, at clubs etc.

Making friends is highly dependent on what you'll be moving here for. If you're coming to study at university, it's almost impossible not to make friends. College campuses offer a variety of chances to interact with fellow students.

Hobbies are another great way to meet people. Large cities often have groups that meet regularly. Dallas, for instance, has ballroom dance clubs, adult sport teams, cooking classes, etc.

I'd avoid bars and craigslist. If you're not religious, then avoid churches, too.

Hi , hope are fine.

Hi pandabear131,

This is an old thread dated 2010 :)

Thank you

---------------------------------

Hi Lourcy

Can you be more specific about your post please :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Expat.com wrote:

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Texas :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Texas??

Thanks in advance for your participation

hello everyone wass up hope everythin fin, n i jst wanna say lets be frens...hop to be frens with u guys

very nice... i truly agreed to your thoughts.....

bigyan

Could please not use text speech on this forum. It is difficult for some to understand. Thanks.

stumpy wrote:

bigyan

Could please not use text speech on this forum. It is difficult for some to understand. Thanks.

I didn't even realize it was TTS. Sounded worse. :)