Health Issue

How do you control the mosquitoes, they are driving me crazy. There was a dribble of water in TEMA for about 3 days, now it is back, brown and stinky. What can you do? I am afraid to touch it! What do you do to transfer money home with this DOLLAR issue? Feeling pretty down and disappointed right now.

You have probably been here a few months and the initial excitement has begun to wear thin. To control the mosquitoes you need someone to come and spray round your house on a regular basis. Then if your flywire isn't too good you need coils or a good spray. Use repellent and sleep under a net. With regard to the water you need a tank to collect the water when it is running. We have been here 4 years and have a large tank and have never run out of water. You will need to find out from the bank about transferring money. Probably you will be able to send money home.
Try and keep positive despite everything Ghana is a good place to live!!

Thanks. You are very kind. I will try all those things and try to stay positive.  Being homesick doesn't help.

That's true! Making friends and having a good social life can help. I hope you are managing to get a good balance between work and leisure. Make the most of your time here.

First of all, with the mosquitoes, you need to spray insecticides once every two or three days. or you might as well used mosquito coils which come a little cheaper than insecticide spays.
With the issue of water, if you give me your area code which should be on your water bill, i could call my good friend who is currently with the Ghana Water Company Limited (GWCL) to have a check on it for you.
When it come to the money issue, I am struggling a little bit. I will let you know as soon as I find a way forward. I hope this helps.

Thank you.  Doing fine now.  Have a great Sunday!