Toulon French woman looking to connect with people English Speakers

I m a french woman living in Toulon. I have worked 13 years in Brussels for a French Dubbing Company and I would like to improve my English to be able to find a new job.
I love to speak English, but my level is not enough to find a good job, so could you help me, to have friendly discussions, it would be wonderful. I can help you to learn French too. I'm very sociable, helpful, and reliable.
I would like to organise group activities to go to the cinema,theatre, drinks or dinners, or at the weekends go to mini trip . What do you think about it. I'm looking forward to read your answers . Have an excellent day.
Marianne

Hello Marianne;

I live in the United States and currently speak no French but I am willing to help you with your english and hopefully I could learn some French as well.  My wife and I were in Toulon las year and really enjoyed our short time there. In fact we enjoyed it so much that we are considering moving there in the next year or so.
I noticed you are a scuba diver, I have been certified for many years but have never dived in the Med. Could you offer some good dive suggestions?

hello,
I red your answer with a great pleasure. Don't hesitate to contact me if you come in holiday in Toulon. Apparently it's very difficult to find English speaker around my town. It's a pity i love speaking English. If some friends of you want to come here for a trip, give them my address, it would be nice to meet.
I have skype too.
I m looking forward to hearing from you.
Marianne

Hi everyone, i'm Nicolas. I live in Hyères now. I ve lived in england for a year. I also travelled in australia end new zealand for 8 months. It would be great to meet around a drink or something else. I m looking for english natives or english speakers to speak with. I m free anytime this week if you want^^.

Hi Marianne!

I'm a NZ girl living in Toulon. I saw your post and got excited, as i haven't come across many English speakers here!

I speak some French, which is improving all the time. I study French at the Universite du Var, and work as an Au Pair. I look after a little girl, who i teach English too. I would love to meet up for coffee one day?

A plus!
Elyse

Hi ElyseCerisy,

I live in Sanary and have the same problem as I have only met 2 people speaking English around here. I am not far from Toulon and if you are till here I would love to get together for coffee.  I am a Canadian girl originally from Toronto here with my boyfriend ( who is French and originally from France )  it would be nice to meet friends around here.

Take care,

-Y

Hi Marianne,

As mentioned to Elyse I live in sanary close to Toulon, it would be nice to meet new people and arrange outings; movies, drinks etc

I would be eager to get together and we can exchange language lessons french / english.
You can contact me.

Take care,

-Y

i am new in france and i need to improve my french ,you can reach me here
[email protected]

laprune wrote:

hello,
I red your answer with a great pleasure. Don't hesitate to contact me if you come in holiday in Toulon. Apparently it's very difficult to find English speaker around my town. It's a pity i love speaking English. If some friends of you want to come here for a trip, give them my address, it would be nice to meet.
I have skype too.
I m looking forward to hearing from you.
Marianne

Hello Marianne,

I just red your post and I'm interested by what you said in it. As you I'm looking for people to speak and spend time. Unfortunately I'm French to, but looking for people to improve my oral English.

For a couple of year now I'm reading in English and watching most of movies in english. Alas I don't have friends to speak English so much. I went several times in English countries (USA twice, Austrial once, England many times) for work or holidays. My english is quite good, as my accent.

I practice sport, essentially triathlon and diving, and as iIalready said I love reading. I just moved in Toulon for my work, and I will,appreciate to meet people who share the same passions of mine and who will be able to make me discover the city and around.

I hope also to find English people to improve and correct my English. I hope that we may help each other and learn from both of us.

Have a nice "night" (for I write this answers at 22h !)

Hi Y100!

I would love to meet up for coffee one day! Is it easy enough for you to come into Toulon? I have Monday, Thurday and Fridays free. I have other friends who speak english and a couple of american friends, we could all meet up and chat :)

Let me know!

Hi ElyseCerisy, :)

Thanks for the reply,

Yes, I can come down to Toulon, that is not a problem for me. Oh that sounds great! Always happy to meet english/french speaking friends in this area.

How about Friday ?

Do you have Facebook so we can arrange something ?

Talk soon,

-Y

Hi,

ItŽs a pleasure to have news so soon. I'm living in Toulon down town, near the marina. It will be a pleasure to take a coffe with both of you. I'm free on monday, Thursday and Friday after 17h, tell me when you will prefer. This week I don't work Wednesday for it's the 1 may, so I'll be free all the day.

Just tell me where and when we will meet.

My msn is [email protected] if you want ;)

Hi Elyse and -Y,

I have just moved to Ollioules with my French husband and would also like to make English-speaking contacts and friends for casual meet-ups - chats over tea/coffee etc... I am a 40 year old Kiwi-born Australian living in France since 2010. If you are on Facebook please feel free to send me an 'add' to "Charlotte Aimee Gillbanks". I hopefully am pretty easy to locate there!

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Charlotte. :)

Nobody who want to speak with me :(

Hi!

I am moving to la Croix Valmer at the end of June/beginning of July to work as a nanny. I am keen to meet some new frineds to spend my free time with, see different areas in the South of France and to learn some French.

It would be great to meet you guys for a coffee when I get out there!

Thanks for reading!

Rebecca

Hi Rebeca !

It would be a pleasure to, tell us when you arrive near by Toulon and we will meet for a coffe and speaking.

See you soon.

Nice......seems there are many people is looking for friends to talk and improve their language level.

But where is Marianne? is she okay and already made some gathering?

Guys.....I'm going to come and stay for couple of months too, I have no idea yet where is Toulon but I will stay in north of Paris :(.

So anybody is going to have visit to Paris? I would like to meet up. I will be in there on June and July.

@Rouks : hey.......why not to exchange mails and have conversation before I come to France? And if you go to Paris we can meet up for some tea or coffee and have conversation while visiting places.

greets and have good sunday
Megan

Hi Greenhouse !

Nice to meet you. Unfortunately "we" don't have news from Laprune, and I don't have already met anyone yet, but I still hope to.

I travel sometimes for my job, and maybe in July should I go to Paris, it will be a pleasure to meet you there. Since then it will be also a pleasure to talk with you by mail, my address is in this topic in one of my previous message it will take you just a few moment to find it ;)

@ Rebecca : as for greenhouse we may maybe exange some words by mail until you come to la Croix Valmer ?

Yup sure I will send you mail, it will be great if I can meet up with local people during my stay.

I'd like to explore the area (Paris) and have some conversation to exchange, share information about traveling etc.

anyone whose interested to join you are welcome.

Hi,

I've got a friend near Paris, maybe he will come whith his family to be our guide...

Keep in touch by mail, as we already begin ;)

Bonjour! If you still looking for english speakers, I'm one of it. Im from Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia and currently residing here in Toulon. At the moment I am looking for a job but since my French technically not that good I dont get a chance.

hi em rick nw in paris.
can we meet
hw can i contact u can i be ur frnd
hope u reply me

Hi there I saw your letter ,I am scottish and live just outside Evian on lake geneva .I was in NZ for a year and loved it I was in christchuch and Auckland, also outside in the country area of canterbury.Are you enjoying living in france its a wee bit different from NZ!!I am on FB Donald  Lyle please drop me a line if you want to chat or anything ,regards Don x

Hello i saw you post and like you I want to improve my French, I Live in Puget Ville on my own and run a B&B, it would be great to know more about you.
I look forward to your reply

Geoff

so what can v do for you mam

Hi,
I'm just arrived to Toulon. I've been living in the UK for 6 years and I would like to meet new people in Toulon. I can help you with improving your english language and even give some lessons. I would like to start learning French as well so I think it can be a good opportunity to meet and have a chatt.

Agnieszka

facebook.com/fatehmughal0007

Hi everyone!!!

My name is July, I am originally from Peru but I lived in Pompano Beach, Florida for 12 years. I just recently moved to Bandol and I would like to meet people. If anybody is interested to grab coffee or something let me know!!!

Hello Marianne,

My name is Britta. Ca va? I read your post. I am From the States. I would be happy to help you with English. I am actually studying English in my University at the moment. You are from Toulon? I would like to visit there. I have actually corresponded with someone in Six fours. He works at DCNS. I also have talked briefly with some of his friends in the Toulon area too. I have studied with French for about 1.5 years...not enough to be fluent at all. When I hear French spoken to me...sometimes I understand. I sincerely love your language.

Hi Marianne ,

I think your post was some time ago but still !

I am considering a move to Toulon , but need to supplement my income as a writer . So am  considering for example teaching English . In the meantime I am offering lessons via Skype . Also , I am looking for a small apartment , or living quarters .Do you have any suggestions in these areas  ?

Very Best Wishes , Shaktipat .

Hi! How are you.?

retired american, teaches english to interested students, specifically international affairs  and music students,but all are welcome,skype or facebook.respectful.patient,curious,and  most of all not boring !!. not interested in romance,just teaching english and friendship,if you have a sense of humor you are welcome,dont care about your background or ideology, thats all folks!!! email [email protected]

Hi there are you still in toulon?

i hope i can help you.

hi, i have beein in toulon for a month. i am looking for friends who speak even a bit english...i love to see even french speak a bit english..please let me know if anyone in town. Merci

Hi Marianne ,

I'm an Englishman currently living in London , England .

I also like FRANCE A lot .I have some undersytanding of French which could be improved .

I was recently in Toulon for a Yoga convention , and have been previous years - and I have thought of possibly liveing in France  if it was possiblre .

Iwould be happy to talk with you and give you help with your English ..........possibly bey Skype .

Please excuse my mistakes in typing - my backspacer key is unresponsive .

Best Wishes ,

Sarathi .

Hi there. I'm living in Toulon, Le Mourillion to be exact. Need a friend for travelling and chit chat. I'm new here. Any recommendations for a good place for clubbing here?

Going to be in Toulon at the end of July this year. I would like to connect with some English speakers while visiting if possible. I am still trying to relocate in France. I would truly like to meet some English speakers to be friends!

Hi .

I am not presently in Toulon but have considered relocating there , having enjoyed visiting the past couple of years  or so . I am an English citizen but have reasonable French .

Please contact me if  you can help .

Sarathi .

Hello,

I live close to Toulon and I could help you with that. Please let me know if you need any information from me. **

Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to our conversation.

July Malfant

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum, you could use our private message system for that.