Regarding visit visa of parents

i had applied for my parents visa which got approved by the ministry, but stamping in delhi got refused because in my passport my fathers name is written shahzada abdul rashid whereas in my fathers passport his name is written as abdul rashid shah. if anyone over here can help out with any solution to this problem. that will be highly appreciated

I am afraid there is no solution other than getting a new passport (you or him) so that they both match.  And go with changing the one which has the wrong name.

Thanks for your reply. But it takes almost 6 months to get new passport

Does it really take 6 months to get a new Indian passport???  :o

I thought 1.5 months (20 days if urgent service selected) was too long to get a new Pakistani passport, but 6 months?!

Seriously, it can't take 6 months to get a new passport, it doesn't take that long in any country!  It can't, because what if someone has to travel and their passport is near expiry, they have to wait 6 months to travel?  I am sure that breaks some kind of [unwritten?] international laws(?)

Another option is to get an observation/correction put inside the passport on a blank page.  I recently got this done in my passport as my last name was missing from the passport, so they put a handwritten note inside on a separate page saying my full name is so and so.  I don't know if India does that or not, but they probably do.

I live in kashmir and there any passport affair takes time.

Thanks alot.

Yes but you live in Saudi, right?  Can't you get a new passport from the consulate/embassy here?

I can but name in my passport is right and its also written in my ikama. Problem is with my fathers passport. Who is in india right now. Can i meet  someone in consulate and talk to them regarding this. Because rest everything matches like address, my mothers name. Just shahzada is written in my passport and shah in my fathers pp. Here they hav approved it. Problem is with stamping.

Yes I understand, I am talking about getting a new passport here to change your father's name in your passport.  Change it to Shah, and then they will match.  Go speak to someone in the consulate, they can perhaps guide you what's the best option.  But, having lived here and dealt with Saudis for decades, the only option is for both names to change.  So, the passport needs to be changed on one side.

What about my ikama? Do i need to change that as well.

No of course not, why would you?  The iqama doesn't mention your father's name, so no need to change it.  Get a new passport with your father's name altered, then cancel the current one, and then... I don't know?  Reapply for the visa?  That, I don't know.

ok. can you please let me know if there are any agents who help us in some changes in passport. actually i have language prob here, cant speak arabic. and how many days will all this take

Dude, why do you need Arabic at the Indian consulate/embassy?  Just go to the consulate and ask the procedure for putting in an observation in the passport mentioning the correct name of your father according to his passport.  Take a copy of his passport.  I am sure they will give you a form to fill and then do the observation on a blank page.  If that procedure does not exist there, then apply for a new passport.  Why would you need an agent?  You are Indian and you are going to the consulate of your own country, you deal with them directly.  Haven't you ever been to the Indian consulate?

No i have never been to indian consulate. I am new to this place. Arrived just a month ago.