Hello one and all !!!

Hello one and all :) .Just joined the site and found this Crimea section :top: .I have travelled to Sevastopol several times in past 5 years and am looking to move there permanently.I have just been staying there for the maximum of 3 months on free visa and returning to England.Now im tired of it all the travelling and want to understand more about how to permanently live in Crimea.My next trip over there will be soon and i will be getting married over there.I have subscribed to this topic and hope to meet and talk with anyone who knows how to go about this.Also joined just to get to know some Brits who visit or live in Crimea and share some thoughts :)

Hi Sevastopaul,

Welcome on board :)

I have created a new thread as from your post on the Ukraine Forum for better visibility and interaction :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

:) Thanks for reply Maximilien,,new to all this and ive clicked on Ukraine forum from your post here but cant find the thread :(

Hello Sevastopaul,

Well I am an American who has been married to a Ukrainian woman for 8 years (married in the US). We will be retiring to Sevastopol and will be landing there on March 29th.

From what I have heard, there are Brits living here and at least to yanks like me. It would be great to meet you and your soon-to-be wife when we get there. Perhaps we can meet for a pint.

First, as I understand it, to obtain permanent residency, you must be married to your Ukrainian wife for at least two years. You should be able to start the process now. They will first give you a one year temp permit and then at the end of that one year you can go back for another 1 year temp - then a full permanent residency is granted.  So the process will take two years. Once you have the 1st temp permit, you will be allowed to stay and be exempt of the 90/180 day rule. I would have your fiancée go down to the OVIR to confirm what is needed and confirm the procedure.

You will first need a Type "D" Visa which you must obtain outside of Ukraine. I am applying for mine thru the Embassy in New York City. You will need to contact the Embassy to find out exactly what you will need for documents to apply for the D visa.

My wife's sister went down to the local OVIR in Sevastopol to find out what they need. Their reply was:
1. D Visa stamp in your passport (45 day visa)
2. Apostilled marriage certificate
3. Apostilled proof of residency in your country (I used a copy of my US Driver's license)
4. Apostilled Police background check within the last 6 months

They say other documents that will be needed may be obtained while in Sevastopol.

I hope this info proves helpful to you. I hope to meet you soon.

Mike
[email protected]

Thank you for the advice.  I am glad I read it.  I am going to Kharkiiv to marry my girl in March..

:top:  Thanks for your info Mike,currently ive just got some medical issues to deal with which are hindering my next visit :( ...but hopefully i get it sorted soon and then can focus on getting over to Sevastopol for some time in the summer :cool: ..The plan being to get my non impediment cert Apostilled over here,then atleast get married in the summer to get the 2 year clock ticking.I would definetly be up for meeting for a pint or 2 :)

Hello every body I reall need a good friend which I can share my concern with if there is any body quickly reply me

wats your corcern dear lady/man

I don't mind any one it may be you your self