COTONOU AIRPORT IMMIGRATION

Hi All,
I heard that COTONOU AIRPORT IMMIGRATION has widespred lawlessness.
People report that COTONOU immigration is wilderest among the West African Airport ! ! Many incoming pasengers are facing problems of paying money to immigration people in the airport, refuse to proceed in and out of immigration without paying. Such complain are comming through the Interet. Any feed back from any one ? What is the remedy ? Any suggestion ? Let the suffering people speak out about this lawlessness, and we discuss with the Airport authority.

SAEED MD ALI

It is true that there was a certain anarchy but the New Director(Manager) of the Administration and Police captain of the airport resumed(took back) things in hands.
You can contact me during a next journey if you wish to come.
But it is also necessary to have your documents of journey up to date.

Dear Sir,

I visited to COTONOU in a drive to survey business prospect in West african countries, and stayed for 3 weeks.   During entering to immigration on 7 Oct 2013 the immigration officer asked me to give 10,000 CFA.  I paid and then he stamped my passport in.     while returning back on last 30 OCT through  Kenyan airlines,   after my depart seal given to my passport, one immigration person haulted me and hold my Passport and baggage ticket, and kept me standing. After 20 minutes he took me to near the baggage exit to machine check point and collected my baggage and let me open and checked inside everything.I did not undrstand what he was looking for. Then he let the baggage to pass through. Then he brought me to the immigration counter, and called a laboratory man to chek my urine. I supplied my urine in a plustic cup, and the person tested by a kit and they discussed something. Then I was allowed to go and board the plane, and they said happy journey. I took a tourist visa from New Delhi, India. I travelled many parts in Europe, middle east, I worked 23 years in Saudi Arabia. I traveled to BAMAKO, MALI on last Sept 2012. I did not experience such behavior any where. Can you please give information, do they deal such thing to a new commer ? or any other deal with others ?
Thanks.

saeedmdali
Dhaka, Bangladesh
21 Feb 2014

I am really sorry for this bad experience at the airport. The purpose was to impress you to take some money.
I am going to report this incident to the Director of the Immigration for its information.

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your timely action. To give my information is not to harras any one.
But you see we spend lot of money and travel from ASEA to the end of one part of Africa. We see people, culture, lifestyle, observe, housing, food , water supply, sanitation, sewarage, agricultural products in the market.  This is our experience to gather knowledge about a country and it's people and what stage of development going on in the public life. Until you travel you do not know about a place that you want to grow a business with them. That is how the American and Europeans are coming and applying their expertise to the development. By the way I am a Hospital consultant, has wide experience in the development of medical project. So we are studying in those region if we can apply our knowledge in the medical business. I have convinced few of my business partners to travel few countries like Benin, Burkina Faso, Togo, Ivory coast, Ghana etc. At least in one aspect of travel to peaceful country is that we enjoy by looking to a culture and people of that country. Then the contribution of experience comes up to the activity of business. Then both side gains. Thank you for your response sir.

Best of regards.

saeedmdali
Dhaka, Bangladesh
21 Feb 2014.

What are the documents needed to visit Cotonou from Nigeria

olaj2003 wrote:

What are the documents needed to visit Cotonou from Nigeria

Nigerian passport holders can get a 90 tourist visa only on arrival but if you transit through another country you may need a transit visa for that country.

A Google search will give you the information.

Thanks a million