New members of the Virgin Islands forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Virgin Islands forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in the Virgin Islands if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

My name is oke timothy akanbi. from nigeria, am looking forward to work and live in virginia usa. am an electrical engr wit 8 yrs experience.

Hi timothy,

Welcome to Expat.com!

Thank you for this intro. ;)

Why have you chosen Virgin Islands? Have you ever been there?

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com team

i am oke timothy akanbi, from nigeria . pls i wil like to work and live in virginia , pls help.

Julien wrote:

Hi all,

Newbie on the Virgin Islands forum? Dont know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in the Virgin Islands if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello Timothy ,

What kind of work are you exactly looking for?
I also recommend to put an ad in the Virgin Island jobs section.

All the best,
Olivier
Expat.com Team

Hey my name is onetha .I am interested in going what it is like to stay and live in the virgin islands.do people live here with ssi .what are the doctors hospitals and Medicans like.what about hurricane season.these questions con somebody help me .
With

l would like to move  in virgin island and currently am staying in zimbabwe and never been in island before but just heard that its peaceful and had managed to complete my degree in accountin so my main objective there is to find a job since l cant find one here in zimbabwe

Hi Expat.com,

My name is Allan Nharu. Apologies for just bumping into job applications, I did not have the slightest of an idea that we have to chat as well, and that you ned to know  little bit more about me. I am a Cost & Management Accountant currently living and working in Zimbabwe. I have an Accounting degree and ma currently studying CIMA. I have also worked out of Zim, in South Africa actually for quite a number of years (plus 4 years). I am looking foward to securing employment in the Democratic Republic of Congo, South Sudan, the Virgin Islands and Malta being my most prefered locations. I have over 10 years of seasoning in my proffession. I have worked in manfacturing sectors and service sectors, with some 4 years spent at Uniliver and the French based Suez Waste  Management company in South Africa. I have serios excel skills and advanced reporting skills that could be very useful. Could anyone help with tips on job alerts so that I dont miss out on job opportunities. If anyone is interested in swapping job alerts, I can offer Southern Africa jobs as well as I get a lot of these on my email. I can be reached on.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share personal contact infos on the forum, you could use our private message system for that.

Hi! My name is Leatrice and I live in Carbondale, IL. I am retired and I want to leave the US for good. I have not given up on perhaps getting a job, but it is not mandatory that I do so.  I am currently doing volunteer work.  I am looking for a better quality of life and new experiences, but basically I just want to live somewhere where that is affordable and fun.  I have a friend who is retired as well, with a 10 year old granddaughter she is raising and we both want a better place for her to grow up.

I am doing some research on my own and it has been kind of discouraging so far. Also, I'm not sure I have the strength to do something this drastic.  I am a Navy vet and I was stationed in Hawaii back in 1979-1980 so I have lived in other places than Illinois.  I am considering the USVI because maybe it will seem like the States without the BS.

That's me - and I hope there are some suggesstions that you may have so I can see if the USVI will work for us.

Am Betty from Tanzania, live in Tanzania, would like to pay a visit in British Virgin Island....thanks

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=751466

Thanks!

Closed