New members of the Palestine forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Palestine forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Palestine if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi all, I am Ayman, palestinian temporarily living abroad.
Happy to help anyone visiting Palestine, and I left my new apartment which i like to rent it, if anyone interested?! here is the photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/89749865@ … 966794330/

Hello, and thank you for the warm welcome!
I'm very nervous about moving because I've never lived outside the U.S. On the other hand, I'm thrilled for this new experience.
I just have SO many questions and hope some of you might help me.
My husband is being transferred. We expect to be residing in Ramallah. He will obviously be working but I am concerned that as an elementary school/middle school teacher I won't be able to find work. Also, I have no idea what the cost of things are: apartment, a car while we're there, food, clothes. Is there reliable internet? Will I be able to Skype with my friends and family?
I know I sound like I'm panicked but just can't seem to find any answers.
Thank you for allowing me to join your group!
Helen

https://www.flickr.com/photos/89749865 - [put the @ sign alone] the capital N - N06/sets/72157646966794330/

Dear Helen,
Yes you are panicked :)
Yes there is reliable internet, not as fast as you have in US but still you can use skype or viber or whatever.
I am happy to help if there is any specific need, ask anything. I am from Ramallah.

There is alot of americans in Palestine, and palestinian americans. In general all palestinians do speak English. There is alot of programs of aid managed or executed by american companies, such as chemonics, DAI, and Black and Vetch, many others, Those could be more helful for you finding a job, also more payable.

Out of curiosity, if I may ask, with whom your husband is working?

Regards,
Ayman

Hello!

Well, technically we are not married.  :)
But he works for a company now that does a lot of business with Hewlett Packard and HP has made him what seems to be a very generous offer. That's another reason I'm trying to get a feel for cost of living to see if what they are offering is truly as good as it seems.
We are considering leasing a car for the two years we plan to be there (of course this could be extended-a lot is still up in the air) I don's suppose you know a link where I could get prices on that sort of thing do you?
Thank you again, you have been so very kind.

check with PalLease (http://pallease.ps/), or Arab Bank.ps
there is a lot of options, all the banks do it.
with both you got to choose a car (new one or till 5 years from 2015) then have a lease to own, or operational lease if through a company, not personal.

the percentage could be around 7%, not sure, as it also depends on the client type.

Other wise moslty they call it rent a car but for long time, few say the word lease.

There is other options for yellow plates / which you can drive in occupied sites - isreal. This could be better for you, i guess.. in this case contact those:
Dallah Rent A Car
Telephone #: +972 (2) 656-4150, Facsimile #: +972 (2) 656-4150
Beit Hanina, Jerusalem
Email: [email protected]
or
Good Luck Rent-A-Car
Telephone # +972 (2) 835756, Facsimile #: +972 (2) 853137
Beit Hanina Neighborhood, Jerusalem
or
Orabi Rent-A-Car
Telephone # +972 (2) 295-3521, Facsimile #: +972 (2) 295-5601
El-Bireh / Ramallah, West Bank
In Jericho: +972 (50) 405095
In Beit Sahour: +972 (50) 372687
In Jerusalem: Tel. +972 (2) 585-3101, Fax. +972 (2) 585-3106
In Nablus: +972 (9) 238-3383

or see this link http://www.minfo.ps/English/index.php?p … amp;butt=5

Try sending them emails, although i think it will be better the face to face deal.

Once you are there tell me, i have a friend who used to work in leasing.

BR
Ayman

Hello everyone,

I would like to remind you that the topic of this discussion is the introduction of new members in the Palestine forum.

Kindly it would be nice if you could share your story and experience about living in Palestine.

Thank you
Yuveshen

Hello. My name is Gerald. I am 42 and have an amazing wife and daughter and love walking my dog.
We strongly support the BDS movement and support a Free Palestine.
I've worked in a Warehouse for 9 years, 5 as a Supervisor. I would love to move with my family to Palestine and get a similar job.
I'm also a musician and enjoy playing my guitar and writing songs with my wife.

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Please create your CV in the JOBS section of the site, found in your menu bar.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=751401

Thanks!

Closed