Is someone else using your iqama number?

Hi guys! always had a bad feeling that somebody else might be using my iqama number for their sim cards. I just think it is unfair and I feel unsecured. Today, I registered online at the STC website, created an account, and found 7 other numbers attached to my iqama. I tried dialing the numbers, don't know anyone of them.

Already made a report, hopefully, they do something within this year, or decade perhaps...

Maybe you should check for your IDs as well.... I m not being selfish against other expatriates, but the ID is supposedly used by one person only and not stolen to be used by others.

I am Surprised, Nobody has yet replied to this important thread.

By the way, how can i check all this? Please write down the procedure.

Here is the procedure:

Today, I registered online at the STC website, created an account

A couple of years ago, I received text message notifications from STC saying a new pre-paid sawa number had been registered in my name, like 5 different numbers over a period of a couple of days.  The numbers were also listed in the texts.

You don't need to register on the STC website to get those texts, but I was already registered and was able to confirm the numbers.  I noted down the numbers and went to an STC office and had them cancelled.  I also asked them how people were able to do it, since iqama or Saudi ID are required to buy a SIM card, and the IDs show the holder's pic.  They of course had no answer.  Obviously, either some STC staff are slacking off and not asking for IDs, or they are corrupt and are letting their friends get SIM cards through the back door and have them registered under other people's IDs.  Are sawa SIM cards also sold in the phone shops?  I thought all SIM cards were only sold in STC offices.

It can't hurt you because they are prepaid and so you won't get a bill or have to pay for anything.  But, since they are registered under your name, it is still a good idea to investigate and have them cancelled, because other kinds of problems could arise (prank or threatening calls made by the fraudsters), and also, if going on final exit, if you didnt know about those SIM cards under your name, you could be stopped from leaving at the airport until you get then cancelled.

My hus just found the same thing last week. 10 zain numbers linked to his iqama. Went to the zain shop today to get them removed. Waiting for them to investigate before they remove them. Not sure how they did this as he's always careful with his iqama and number. Quite worrying.

You can find out all the numbers registered and related your ID as follows
- STC: send a text message to the number (902) contains the number (9988)
- Etihad Etisalat \ "Mobily \": an empty text message to the number (616 166)
- Mobile Telecommunications Company Saudi Arabia \ "Zen \": an empty text message to the number (700 123

Unfortunately there is no solution except the periodic inspection and reporting to get rid of the piece

yup, thanks mazennas.... i tried contacting STC to report it, but it appears that the only way is to drop by their shops and have them removed....

online tech support is crap....

i really believe that when we give them our ID numbers, they have the responsibility to take care of it, and make sure nobody gets to use our ID numbers for other purposes. totally an inside job on this one.

Hi All,
2 Weeks back, I was going through my online bank account and in the SADDAD Section , i noticed 9 Unpaid Bills (Subscription)  from Zain , I checked with my bank they asked me to check with Zain, on contacting Zain, i was shocked to notice that my Iqama had been used to register 9 Subscribers , even though i never ever gave my Iqama to Anyone and neither do i have any service from Zain ( i have a mobily sim card -company registered).

I asked them to inquire the issue but i didnt got much help, least i told them to cancell all the account from my Iqama.. They registered the complain but I'm not sure if they cancelled it or not.

Yes, its best to check  your account frequently + not to share Iqama ( photocopies etc) with anyone  and not to leave them in office xerox-machine.

@esjubail.
Did you get any response from the Zain, how the Iqama was used ?

just for everyone else's information, i also check my ID number now at the e-services moi.gov.sa .......call it paranoia but i do not want to be surprised having traffic violations now, when i do not even own a car...