New visa regs?

I was getting another social budaya visa in Bangkok, and a guy there told me that there were new regulations coming up: after a year spent in Indonesia, we have to leave the country for 3 months.
has anybody heard anything about it?

Haven't heard a word about that.  Someone at the Indonesian embassy in BKK told you that? 

Why are you bothering with Sosbud visas when any 60 day visit visa is renewable in Indonesia for the same period, viz up to 4 times, each time for another 30 days and no sponsor letter is needed at visa application.

Ubudian wrote:

Someone at the Indonesian embassy in BKK told you that?

yep, the rep who received and gave me back my pass.

Ubudian wrote:

Why are you bothering with Sosbud visas when any 60 day visit visa is renewable in Indonesia for the same period, viz up to 4 times, each time for another 30 days and no sponsor letter is needed at visa application.

I know that, thanks.

I went to kantor imigrasi today and here's the thing: it appears that some embassies have their own 'rules'. e.g., in Kuala Lumpur I found out that Russians can't get 2 months there, only 1.
so this might have been their fantasy, in Bkk, that could be a reality, I don't know. I'm not gonna check it out.
but there's no such a general rule, now I know for sure.

It's been a long while since I've personally had to handle any visa matters at an Indonesian embassy or consulate, (eg., visa runs), but those inconsistencies you mention were also common place in those days.   

Am I correct in that you've been in Yogy for at least a year now?  If so, have you given thought to a KITAS visa?   

Also, while at immigration did they confirm or mention anything about this having to leave Indonesia for 3 month “new regulation” you mentioned in your opening post?

Cheers…and too bad about that hockey game with the US.  Personally I think the Russian team was robbed out of their last goal.

I am off for my annual visa run in a couple of weeks. A day in Singapore wasting time before coming back the same day. Yawn. Bores me to tears.

Luke...KITAP?  If so, selamat! 

That said, I do kinda, sort of, little bit, miss those bi-annual runs to Bangkok!   :whistle:

Of course I mean the wonderful "street food!"   :D

Yes plenty of street food in Bangkok. So many tastes to savour or savoured. Sadly I dont have enough time for all that in Singapore. The day trip is long and tiring but keeps me here legally for another year.

Ubudian wrote:

Am I correct in that you've been in Yogy for at least a year now?  If so, have you given thought to a KITAS visa?

not yet. but I wanted to plan ahead (next visa would be after over a year in Indonesia), that's why I started this topic. I don't know much about getting a KITAS, but I'm curious.

Ubudian wrote:

Also, while at immigration did they confirm or mention anything about this having to leave Indonesia for 3 month “new regulation” you mentioned in your opening post?

no. they said there were _no_new_regulations_. and they were nice advising to go to a different country) e.g. Singapore, which is the best in terms of getting Indonesian visas, of what I know) next time.

Ubudian wrote:

Cheers…and too bad about that hockey game with the US.  Personally I think the Russian team was robbed out of their last goal.

the only complain I'd accept would be an American referee. that sounds strange to me. the goal would be good in NHL, but not at the Olympics. no protest from Russia (which is amazing itself - no protest from Russia, can you imagine that? Russia is normally offended by everything) this time, which means everything was correct. but I appreciate your empathy:)

"no protest from Russia which is amazing itself - no protest from Russia, can you imagine that?"

Even Putin went along with the decision and THAT was truly amazing!   :lol:

If your not married to an Indonesian or employed here, you can work with a good licensed visa agent who will also serve as your sponsor for your KITAS.  I don't know any good and trustworthy ones in Yogy but you should be able to find one easy enough.  Also, since you seem to have formed a good relationship with someone at the Yogy immigration office, you might want to ask him or her for a recommendation.

ok. thanks!