Working at The Horizon International School

Hi guys!

I was wondering if anyone has any experiences they would like to share about working at this school, either first or second hand. I will be moving to Abu Dhabi in a month for at least a year and would love some inside insight into the work load, colleagues, accommodation and just living in the area in general.

Obviously you can research these things as much as possible but nothing can compare to some word of mouth from REAL expats!!!

Any info would be much appreciated :)

Hello boraboracat.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Is it an ADEC or GEMS school?

GEMS you have better facilities, accommodations, students, etc; although they pay a bit less because of the extra's they provide

ADEC the accommodations are poor, students are little brats, facilities are meh, although they do pay more

Sorry, I don't have info on that specific school, but I can ask my friend who all teach there... FYI, the info above is what I've been told from all my friends teaching around the city.

Hi, is the Horizon International School in khalifa city a, abu dhabi next to the Women's College?

Hi.
I can't help you with the school, but after living here for 5 years I can help and offer advice on any other issues about living in this place, there is allot of red tape to cut trough. I am happy to help and guide you.
Rgds Bill.
[email protected]

Hey,
I have been offered a job at the Horizon Private School...  yes the one near the woman's college.  I was wondering if anyone here has any information regarding what its like at the school.  I'm also interested about Khalifa City as well.  How a typical one bedroom place is, gyms, and other activities available.