Messaging

Not everybody here wants to post to the whole group.  Some of us look at profiles for people with common interests for friendships, but the private messaging mechanism blocks messaging unless we post to the whole group in forums.  This feature is annoying.

I am not talking about you  ... but not everyone likes receiving copy and paste messages from new members who never posted on the forums. It's annoying for them, too.

I've previously posted two pictures, a link to my blog, and an ad (which has gotten two replies), but with no change to my Karma ... Why is that?

Has anyone "liked" the content you shared ? (I guess it's just a matter of time)

But it states on the site "Each of your actions gives you karma points."  I did the action, but I did not get karma points as the site states.  What the bullet point should read is ... if you post something and somebody likes it, then you get karma points.  But then why call it karma points at all if it requires other to act in response?  Karma is about doing good things regardless of what others do.

So you think that posting just TWO posts would give you karma points?  :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry to say this but you need more posting and active to get a star.
Opening threads, posting on others threads, give useful information, posting pictures is what you have to do.
How more active you are how more you are able to send and receive  messages and how larger your inbox capacity will be.

If you had read the terms and conditions you haven't ask these questions

So posting frequently here give you carte blanche permission to mock the contributions of others?  Of course with a name like "Primadonna" you would do so any way.  I guess the name fits.

No, but posting regularly and participating in the forums not only is part of our requirements for messaging, but it also means the larger the capacity of your mailboxes becomes. Just an added incentive to post on the forums. Just like our moto says in the green banner at the top of the page "SHARE your expat experience". That's what we're all about, not just a free e-mail address, that you can get from hotmail, gmail, yahoo or any of the others if that's all you want.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

gringo1970 wrote:

So posting frequently here give you carte blanche permission to mock the contributions of others?

Yes.  If you stick around a while you'll see that there are some very angry people here.  I'm not really sure why.  Maybe it's the stress of living in a foreign country.  I don't know.

Primadonna is one of the friendlier members, so if she offends you, some people are going to make you want to visit the post office.

Actually Primadonna is the only person that has been rude to me.  Maybe she thinks mocking me will nullify the error in how the system is set up.  You can only call it "Karma" with integrity if it is based on your actions, but apparently the posts require a response from others.  Yet it is still misleadingly called "Karma."  Reminds me of a Dumbledore quote ... "people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.”  Some try to conceal their own wrongness with mockery as the Primadonna did.

gringo1970 wrote:

I've previously posted two pictures, a link to my blog, and an ad (which has gotten two replies), but with no change to my Karma ... Why is that?

This is what you wrote in your first post and in the second post your wrote this

I did the action, but I did not get karma points
Karma is about doing good things regardless of what others do.

This makes me laugh.

You are right that Karma is about doing good things but if you think that acting twice gives you, or anybody else, a Karma star then you are wrong.
Maybe you are right that it is not clear how to earn this stars and need action to look at this. But you can ask the team if they want to do so and they will come back at you with an answer.
This is much better then wining about the star you didn't get.

In my opinion I give you a decent answer how you can earn these stars.
And trust me, it is not easy to get one.
I received my third one yesterday.

It was not my intension to offending you but they way how you react says more about you then about me or my post.

What it says about me is that I expect fairness and a level playing field.  What it says about you is that it's okay to mock new members just for shit and giggles. 

I have no real interest in working for gold stars.  I am just here to meet a few people in real life rather than argue about how many stars one should have.  But I am glad that you are oh so proud of your three stars.  Did you print out a certificate to post on your wall?  Do you wear a medal on your lapel?

Come on, could we please stop that ?

gringo1970 > I invite you to participate on the Kuwait forum.

-this thread is closed-

Closed

Find useful info to succeed in your expat project

OR