Looking for St Kittitians in Wales and elsewhere in the UK

Dear All,
I'm a photographer working on a participatory project in Wales.

The project is taking the story of Nathaniel Wells, 18/19 century nobleman as a starting point to explore issues around identity, cultural heritage, belonging, borders and race.

Nathaniel was the son of a Welsh plantation owner in St Kitts and one of his enslaved women. The father sent Nathaniel to England for education and after the father's death (about 1800), Nathaniel inherited his property and became man of position: Lieutenant and Sheriff of Monmouthshire.  Please find some more information attached.

The project is concerned with making Nathaniel's story visible and, amongst other issues, to discuss the black presence in Wales through history and today.
One of the outputs of the project is going to be an online platform that will collate and further disseminate all the materials collected.

We are looking to connect with people from St Kitts in Wales, or who are in any way related to St Kitts.
We are also looking to connect with people and schools in St Kitts, to collect their responses to the story and themes and to collate some of the family histories as well. We are planning to work via online tools and/or in person, depending on where the participants are based. This also opens up potential for participation to anyone willing to be involved regardless of where they are based. And for schools it could provide a good learning tool.

If you are willing to contribute PLEASE GET IN TOUCH.
Thank you.
Best,
e

Hello evasajovic,

This sounds very interesting.  Though I am not currently aware of any possible hereditary connection to either the nobleman, Nathaniel or to anyone living in St Kitts, I would love to help and/or be involved in some way if possible.  Of my many talents, photography is one I practice daily and cherish wholeheartedly...as I have worked for newspapers and lifestyle magazines as well as done nature-based photographic art work for private clients. So if you are in need of more photographers, then let me know or if you are aware of photographic work I might enquire about in Wales, then please let me know.  Currently, I live in the USA and am trying to move to Wales (Northern Wales, Snowdonia area is preferred).  If you have time please review my information/introduction in the 'New Members Forum'.  I apologise for any inconvenience this post may have in your new forum, but I am eager to get to Wales and in need of all the help I can get...suggestions and new employment opportunities are welcomed always by me.

If I can be of any help please let me know...I will do my best.  Thank you for taking the time to read this post and my information.

Regards,

Aimee

Hi Aimee,
thank you for your reply.
The project we are working on is taking place in South east Wales. But why don't you get in touch once you're moved and we can explore possibilities.
I'm sorry but re work i won't be of much help as I am not based in Wales.
Wish you all the best,
e