Pakistanis/Indians living in Bucharest

As- salamu alaikum - Hi Everyone!

I'm a British- Pakistani student living in Bucharest. So far, finding Indian spices etc has been difficult and the spices in the Arabic Halal food stores are just not the same. Does anyone know where I can find a good selection? Also, if anyone knows where to find chapati flour and gram flour (chickpea flour) that would be great too.

Also, does anyone knows where to find a good variety of fresh fruit and vegetables? The selection in Carrefour is pitiful. Ha ha =D. Why is it so difficult to find fresh spinach? It would be nice to find Indian veg but I very much doubt I will find that  here, =(

Thank you,

Annisa

Welcome to Expat.com Annisa!

Harmonie.;)

Go to vegetable market, you will find a big selection of fresh fruits and vegetables straight from the growers. Best is Sunday morning. Ask where is the nearest one in your area.

Hello ANNISA,

Now you can easily find all indian-pakistani condiments in Bucharest-Romania, I know one pakistani businessman recently started to import variety of condiments, pulses, chickpeas flour, etc.
I think you can buy fresh fruits and  vegetables from any open market /PIATA,

Good Luck

Zam

Hello! I don't know if they would have all the spices you need, but when I was looking for ground cumin, I had a hard time locating it. I found a spice shop at Piata Obor that carries many spices, whole and ground. It is on the upper level of Piata Obor, above the fruit and vegetable market, which is, I think the best produce market in the city. I used to shop there for fruits and vegetables until we moved to the other side of town. I found nice spinach there in spring and summer last year as well.

Hi Annisa,

For spices and flour you can use this site http://www.indianfood.ro . Prices are ok and if you want something they don't have just ask and will help you. Advantage is they deliver to your door.

You can find cumin seeds and other indian spices also in Mega Image but in my opinion are little expensive. Is another shop called PLAFAR in AFI Palace Controceni mall and one called Ki-Life  in Amzei Square ( Piata Amzei) where you can find different types of flour , spices and lentils.

For vegetables find the closer open market in your area. You will find many vegetables and fruits. Don't expect to find fresh spinach in winter. Here some fresh vegetables you will find only when is their season.

Have nice stay in Bucharest and try also some romanian food! You will like it!

hi, i am coming bukharest on 14.12 til 20.12 in hallo hotel near main rialway station pls cantect with me.
Regard
m.khan

Hi m.Khan,

Welcome on board  :)

Just to point out that this topic is old, you might not get any reply.

It will be better to start your own topic on the Bucharest forum for better interaction.

all the best,
Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed