Marriage Certificate Attestation for Visa.

Salam,
I am a bit confused here. I hope you guys could clear out my confusion. According to one of the post i read here (http://www.expat-blog.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=165067) the marriage certificate just needs to be attested by MOFA in my home country right?? I dont have to get it attested by Saudi Embassy As well in my home country??
I already got it attested from MOFA in my home country both arabic translation and original and then got it attested from my home country embassy here. But when i gave it at MOFA saudi arabia they just gave the arabic translation back without attestation and gave me no reason at all.

Could someone please just tell me if i need to get the marriage certificate attested from Saudi embassy in Pakistan??
Or i just have to get it translated from a trusted translator in Saudi Arabia ??

you need it to be attested from the saudi embassy in your country. I had the same issue, but in a different country. just got it attested by MOFA and Saudi embassy, and now i'm translating it in saudi and will take it tomorrow to whereever they ask...

@Midotaha
Thank you for the reply.. Could you tell me what were the documents u needed to get it attested from the saudi embassy in your home country ??
So u got it attested from MOFA in saudi arabia ??? I thought you had to have it translated in arabic before they attest it.. i guess they attested the stamp of the saudi embassy in your counrty ??

I got married in Finland, and so i had a marriage certificate in english, which i got attested by the MOFA of finland (in finland) then got it attested by the Saudi embassy in Finland, and now i am translating this attested marriage certificate in saudi so i can apply it to register my marriage here

@Midotaha

Thank you this clears up a lot of confusion..Even though i was born here i always found processes really complicated. So u didn't need any sponsor paper or iqama copy to have the marriage certificate attested from Saudi embassy in Finland??

Nope, The saudi embassy attests it as long as the MOFA has attested it before them. but i donno if i will need any of those to register it here, i will find out tomorrow or the day after. I do know that i need a copy of my university degree.

@Midotaha

Well do let me know how the process goes wish u all the best :).. And yes you would need copy of Ur university degree.
I sent my certificate to UK for attestation from Saudi Embassy even though Saudi British council and UK embassy were attesting my certificates here. But they have an odd thing to have it attested from UK Saudi embassy. And now i have to get marriage certificate attested from Saudi Embassy Pakistan :$ :(

Just finished today, got my marriage certificate attested by the MOE in saudi then by a branch of the Ministry of Justice (on king abdul aziz road). I donno if i need to do anything more. but at least for now i got all these stamps.

I got a query similar to this thread. Im british as are our children so my part of the attestation, birth cert etc etc is easy.

HOWEVER- my wife is Chilean. We got married in Chile (her nationality on the certificate is Chilean). Our marriage certificate is in Spanish and there is no Saudi embassy or consulate in Chile.
We now both reside in the UK!

To add to the confusion- she is also Italian and is residing in the UK as an Italian on her Italian passport- which she gained after the marriage.

Any ideas on how I should proceed to get our marriage attestation done so she can join me as family.???

Hi JH86 and welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that you posted on an old thread.

For more replies and better interaction, it would be best if you could create a new discussion on the Saudi Arabia forum.

You can also browse through the different discussions on the forum regarding the same topic.

Best of luck,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team