Hello from Zagreb surrounding area

Hi everyone,
I'm Ana and I run an Expat.com together with my husband. We moved from USA to Croatia 3 years ago and we are currently living in Croatia. Aside from being expats, we are also a blended family, both having been married before and to top it all off, I am Croatian, while my husband is American.

Looking forward to meeting some new friends that know what it's like being an expat and the challenges we face.

Hi Ana...
You are welcome!
It is very interesting blog and you can gain lot of knowledge as well as having fun.
All the best!

Hi Ana,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that your post is now available on the Zagreb forum for more visibility and for more interaction with the other members. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

hi
Welcome to Zagreb.
its a great place to be. Am Uk citizen now living here with croatian wife, been here now 8 years. have croat driving licence and yearly visa getting easier to obtain. If we can help do get in touch.

Hi Ana,
I am french living in Zagreb. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any information or tips you may need here.

Didier

zageb423 wrote:

hi
Welcome to Zagreb.
its a great place to be. Am Uk citizen now living here with croatian wife, been here now 8 years. have croat driving licence and yearly visa getting easier to obtain. If we can help do get in touch.

Presumably you no longer need a visa now Croatia is in the EU?

My information is that you still have to regestier, with police. My visa is now a 5 year one , with I>D card, will collect next week.

my husband and i are hoping to move to croatia in sept from england our friend that lives in croatia has been to the police station to get a form for us is there any probs bringing our furniture from england as we have a permanent rental over there and can you tell me about health insurance please. julie

Hi there. We had no problems with furniture, will you move yourself or get in a firm. We did it ourselves and put on inventory as secondhand and personal. To start with Croatia has an EU agreement on health. When getting first visa, to stay then go to health insurance office and apply for a health/I'd card. Quite simple.
You in Zagreb or on coast?