Language Exchanges

Language ExchangesIsaac.  I am on holiday. I just came from China and am looking for a language exchange partner or more two.  I want to learn/practice French, Chinese, or Spanish.
I speak English as a native speaker and have been teaching English in China. I have a pretty good command of Spanish, so I could trade either of these two languages.
I have learned yi dian dian pu tong hua and so plan on studying more through Rosetta Stone so if someone would like to teach me more or let me practice with them that would be great. I could teach you Spanish if you would like or of course, English.
I have no working ability of French however, I am sure I could pick it up quickly.  Again, I can teach/trade Spanish or English for this as well.
Thanks for reading!
Isaac
PS I am staying in Black River!

Hi,
I would be interested in learning some Spanish. Are you looking to start a group for this language exchange? I can teach some french or creole.

Cheers :-)

Hi isaacadventure,

I also suggest you to create an ad in the Language Exchange in Mauritius section, it may also help. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Yeah I guess we could start a group so long as there were at least 2 dedicated individuals. However, someone would have to inform me of the best place to start such a group...i am not to savy on whats around. But yeah I am open to the idea.  Where do you think is good?
Isaac

I guess a coffee shop would be ideal to host such an event, there's a few of them in Tamarin ( vida e caffè, the corner bistrot, etc...) When are you looking to start?

Maybe after New Years since so many people are busy with holidays and stores have irregular hours. Also this gives us a little more time to prepare for such an event. I am also learning to drive at the moment (on the left side and a standard) so that gives me time to learn the area a bit. How does that sound? I am thinking after 5pm would be best when we do start...I will have time at least twice per week I imagine so we could also maybe do one weekday and one weekend day so that way people can pick a time best for them. What are your thoughts?
Isaac

Cool, I dont know yet my schedule for the new year but am sure I can find some time. Let me know when your ready and also good luck wiz the driving  :)

Good morning!

I'm Paola, from Spain. I came to Mauritius two months ago, I'm living in Flic en Flac.

If you finally start the language exchanges group, let me know! I want to learn French or practice my English. I speak spanish and italian.

See you!

Hi Paola,

Welcome on board :)

Please note that you can post an advert in the Language Exchange in Mauritius section as it might help :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hola Paola,
We have a small group of a at least three that are looking for times that work with your schedule if you would like.  We are all free after 4:00PM Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  And afternoons on Sunday usually work too.  Tomorrow is a holiday and this weekend we are free on Sunday.  Do any of these times work for you?  Do you have transportation?  My cell is [Moderated: pls avoid posting your personal details on the Forum] local number you can call me if you'd like.  Talk to you soon,
Isaac

Dear Isaac

I have read your message on Expat-blog and I believe I can be of help. Of course, that would depend mostly on your availability. For your information, I would like to say that I have taught French as first-and as second language to students from more than 25 different countries. During my professional career, I have worked at an American school, at some foreign Missions (French/ Algerian etc.) and have authored two books on French Grammar and practice.

Could you please give me more information about  what you would expect to have. (I live in Quatre Bornes)

Regards
Abdullah (Oozeerally)

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum. Post your advert in the Language classes in Mauritius section, this might surely help.]

Hi, I have created a page on facebook for the language exchange, its called Language Exchange Mauritius- (L.E.M)-
Please like and share  :)

Hi Isaac,

I speak English fluently, and a bit of both French and Spanish.  Would it be possible for me to get involved in the language group- I would love to practice both of my languages more if possible!  Happy to help anyone if I can :)

Thanks!
Bridget

Hi Bridget,
I have created an event for the Language Exchange, the details are as follows-  we will be having our first Language Exchange Mauritius - L.E.M launch event this Saturday 08 February 2014 from 1500 to 1700 at the Segafredo Zanetti Expresso in the Caudan Waterfront. Please feel free to bring friends, companions, etc...the more the better Any problem finding us, do not hesitate to call one of our representative on . Looking forward to an enlightening and informative afternoon!

How was the meeting at Caudan?  Any Arabic speakers?

Our next appointment will be from 1500 on Saturday 15 Feb at the Gourmandise D'Anne in Cascavelle shopping centre. See people there!