Renewing Life Partner Visa South Africa

Hi,

I am wondering if anybody have successfully renewed a life partner visa in SA?

If so what documents do I need to re-supply? My first visa took 16 months to come through (mess up by Home Affairs) so I am thinking I better start getting my papers and docs ready :-) My current visa is running out Nov 14.

Any help, much appreciated

Thanks

Can't help you with life-partner exactly, as it's slightly different for my foreign wife (I'm South African), but she's renewed a few times and it's always the same story: her current work contract (important so that her visa is correctly endorsed for employment), payslips and bank statement; her doctor's clearance certificate and Tuberculosis Clearance Certificate, her police clearance certificates (all countries lived since age of 18), my letter of invitation supporting her application and pledging my continued support to her, my bank statements and payslips for good measure (can never prove that financial support enough!), and that's about it I think!

Regarding timing, yes, definitely get your application in early. My wife's latest renewal took four months to process 0.o Hope some of that helps you!

Hello there,

In case you don't want to do it on your own, and would rather have professionals assisting you (especially with the liaison with the department of home affairs), I would recommend New World Immigration (you may Google them to find out more!)

The number I have is +27 215550951 and my contact is Charl Vollmer.

All the best!

Veena

Hi we are busy renewign my husbands permit . Basically you need to resubmit all the original paperwork together with new medical reports and police clearance etc. Process is a little quicker for a renewal with mnay of our friedns receivign them within 4-6 months. We have used a consultant as we are lookign for a work permit for my husband as well to allow him to work for himself/ in our business. If you woudl like further help please inbox me

Renewals are a standard procedure and we do these all the time. It is also possible to do these on your own without the use of an immigration service. If you do use one, however, make sure they are lawyers and not "agents".