Is USD2500 a good salary to live in Jakarta.

Is USD2500 per month a good salary to live in Jakarta. Apartment, Food and other expenses provided by the company.
How much can i save if i am living as single.

How much do you want to save?

I want to save at least 1.2 Lakhs INR which is around 2000 USD.

I have sent you a message. Can you  please reply

VMatt wrote:

I have sent you a message. Can you  please reply

Open forum is far better as other interested people can see the replies.

$2,500 is about Rp30,000,000 at today's exchange rate.
I spend less than Rp8,000,000/month on a family of three.

I don't hold back and just buy whatever we fancy.

So on average is it possible to save around 2000 $ per month . I do not smoke or drink and as all my other expenses like apartment, travel and food is provided by the company i think saving 2000USD should not be a great deal . Right?

VMatt, Sorry but as a rule I wont answer personal questions about living costs due to the complexity of why and what how we all live.
Mas Fred has pretty much given the same advice I would have. If you are single and your employer pays for rent and transport and gives you a salary of that amount, you can save half the amount and still live in luxury and comfort.

Search out mylifejakarta.blogspot.com and find the cost of living table for 2013 to give you a rough cost of basic commodities here and then work out how much you could save and spend.

yes its good enough

Hello my name is rubel .I want know how to move Indonesia like this job & salary too.plz I need ur help  :thanks:

It's well above the average Indonesian salary. Especially since housing and travel covered you'll do fine.

You won't be 'rich' or feel like your in the upper echelons, but it's more than enough to live well and save.

Of course this is all relative to your expectations and spending habits.

Vmatt,

If you don't drink your going to save tonns of money, since alcohol here is easy. Smoking is cheap here (you won't save a lot) but that's another saving for you.

Like the other guys say if all your expenses, maid, utilities etc are paid for, you can easily save around the 2000 a month.

More realistic about doing the 1800 of you like eating out with friends a lot at restaurants.

Also depends where you live, and your comfort of eating from local places or somewhere fancy. If your happy at a local place you can easily save 2000plus. So as a lot of people say it depends on you.

Save: 1000 or less if your a ranging alcoholic
Save: 1500-1800 you like to drink the occasional beers and spirits. You like to eat out at least 3-4 times with friends to restuarnts
Save: 1800-2000 no drinking and occasionally eating out <3 times a week
Save: 2000+ living and eating at local places which are sometimes even better than the restaurants!

As they say it's all relative.

From the information you gave us, I would say yes you can save your 2000 out of 2500US$.
But if you do like going out alot (restaurants, movies) then expect to spend a bit more.

Food here is relatively cheap if you are not a picky eater. Google some Indonesian blogs, two of which are lukereg's and mine, so you can have some ideas about the life here.

I am Indonesian, 2500 US which is your company has provided accommodation and food it is a better package you should take it