Dakar to Conakry Overland

Hello.  I would like to travel overland from Dakar to Conakry - however, I would prefer not to travel by Sept-place and I don't own a vehicle in Dakar..  Is it possible for me to rent a car and/or a driver for this purpose?  If so, where do I find one and how much do you think it would cost?

Is there any additional advice that you can offer me? 

Thank you.

Hi Trina,
I have been to Senegal last year and I spent a  wonderful 3 weeks trip there. I went to Gambia, back to Dakar and a week later I visited Conakry.
All my stay long I used Meissa driving sercices. A safe driver who was very nice guy and flexible driver. I would definitely recommend his services.

Thanks!

Hi,
For car renting you have several options.
Either sign with a formal company, mileage limited to 100km per day, high fares... about USD120 a day and daily allowance for the driver about USD30.
Or just agreeing with "the guy". You have a car, cheaper price (about USD60 - 80), few limits, everything is negociable, but there are not plenty of "guys" you can trust. It would be better you get their contact through a local person you already now.
I know some people that have business in both countries. They would be able to give you a lift. Let me know if you're interested.