What's up? Any gathering,meetups happen?

Hey guys,,,how are you all?

It's been a long time...
Any gathering,meetups happen? :)

People you can celebrate ..I ll reach Maldives at Saturday :P

Thats great news Jalyoka. Perhaps a gathering to celebrate your arrival would be nice.

Also plan another one for mid-August. That's when I plan to get to the Maldives.

The earlier plan was also not accomplished. Hope its gets finalize this time.

Have you heard of the saying, If at first if you don't succeed, try again? - :P

Good luck with your gathering, ;)

J :cool:

Maldives is just a small place but difficult to meet!

Maldives is just a small place but difficult to meet!

Similar to Bahrain then :P

So far,you had any meet-ups there?

There's been two - unfortunately, i missed them both as i was out of the country traveling :sosad:

I think such meet ups require alot of effort on the organiser' side.. :|

hehehe... :P that's soo sad..!

We here in Maldives,still on planning but never happen yet!
But for me,some I met already for coffee but it's just a 2 to 3 members,some are in the road just saying Hi' Hello'..! :D

The meetups sometimes start with small group gatherings, like you say 2 or 3, then as time goes along, others want to join in...and before you know it... it becomes an Expat.com meet up ;):P:cheers::cheers:

One way is to agree on a suitable day of each week or month and a central venue. Anyone who can attend comes over. That way there is no pressure on anyone to come and requires very little organizing. Some days it could perhaps be just 1 or 2 people. But at least it will get started off. [And by the time I get to Male', it would have started off :)]

My two cents :)

Agreed, lets plan for this Thursday around 5.30 at Seahouse for a cup of cofee or snaks.

What say ?

we all plan, but most of us work work on resorts.. could be the reason why its diff, would be great to arrange a meet up some day.. i wont be available from today till 27th.. but hope you guys do a meet up soon

cheers
mooch

@ Jamil_ahmed - Thanks for the day, time and venue. Please lets keep this idea alive and anyone able please do try to make this meeting happen. I will get to Male' only mid August and will join once I get there.

@ Mooch - Yes lets hope this meeting goes ahead. Even if 2 people turn up its still worthwhile.

As jazzy851 says, even if we start small, over time this will build up and develop into a regular feature.

Best wishes to all.

@ jazzy851 - I too am in Bahrain currently. Planning to move out soon though.

Are you going to Maldives because you had enough of Bahrain? :P Or you planning to work there? :D

But for me,some I met already for coffee but it's just a 2 to 3 members,some are in the road just saying Hi' Hello'..! big_smile

I dont want to go off topic...but are the crazy drivers still driving like road hogs there? :P
Make sure the ones on the road just saying Hi' Hello' are not drinking n driving :blink:  Lyn keep an eye and make sure its not allowed ;):dumbom:

jazzy851 wrote:

Are you going to Maldives because you had enough of Bahrain? :P Or you planning to work there? :D

Bit of both :)

Hehehe...ohh yea! Same old jazzy851..! I miss our long conversation before :par:
Hope to see you in person! Come and visit us here in Maldives!

so whats the plan, anyone coming tomorrow ?

I'm sorry, i'm not available today!

I'll be free every Fridays and Saturdays for this Month!

Good Luck :)

Seems like a very nice and beautiful place.... may be i'll add this to the list of countries i want to see.. ;)

If i come, may be i could join one of your get to-gethers :D;)

jazzy851 wrote:

Seems like a very nice and beautiful place.... may be i'll add this to the list of countries i want to see.. ;)

If i come, may be i could join one of your get to-gethers :D;)

You surely should try to make it. Totally different life in the Maldives. Nothing like Bahrain :)

jazzy851 wrote:

Good Luck :)

Thanks jazzy!

You surely should try to make it. Totally different life in the Maldives. Nothing like Bahrain :)

You're probably right, the beaches there in Maldives look fantastic. The beaches here in Bahrain lack the beach outlook all together... :P  Worst of all is the sand storms here..like today sand all over Bahrain.. :(

Get togethers in Maldives probably has a nice atmosphere...so i may have to drop in if i'm in the region next time ;)

Yes, jazzy...

The sand in Bahrain has been relentless. For the past two weeks :(  And the less said about beaches in Bahrain, the better. I went to Zallaq once in the last 14 years. Thats all. Do visit Maldives, preferably after Mid-August, by which time I too will be there.

Do visit Maldives, preferably after Mid-August, by which time I too will be there.

I'm guessing Maldives has Ramadan too there? but i guess by Mid August it will be Eid? then there will be big celebrations and get togethers? :D:cheers:

Yes there is Ramadan there too. But from what I understand, resorts are relaxed in Maldives. Certainly we will be having celebrations in mid-August. If not for anything, the fact that I have reached their shores is enough cause to celebrate :D

the fact that I have reached their shores is enough cause to celebrate big_smile

Sounds like a valid reason :D:cheers:

Looking forward to any gathering as well.

Hello.
Now I am in Male Maldives.

Hi All,

M also in group of Expat in Maldives. It seems that u guys had make a plan to meet did it succeed or making new plan again?

Regards,
Sudeep

[moderated: off topic + pls post your ad in the activities classifieds section]

A new year party ... What's up and your plan

@kashifmale - you're better off starting  a new post as this one is about 6 months old  :D

"A new year party ... What's up and your plan"   - sounds good, sorry cant be there  :(
i was in the region not too long back... may be next time  :cheers:

Didn't visit this site for a looooong time. :)) any meet ups finally materialised so far!?? it was always a failure!

Hope all of your are doin great!

I am new to maldives and would love to meet new people...Anyone interested???

Eve 726,
   Read your notes on MAldives. Am going to be there on work from the 25th to the 31st of May. Would love to meet up if you have the time. Am totally alien to the place but have heard it's beautiful.
   Regards
     Mark