Shipping household goods

Hi, everyone! My husband and I are moving to Cuenca toward the end of 2011 or January of 2012. We decided to ship some of our "stuff" and found out that the cost between shipping a 20' and 40' container is only a small difference. Since we don't have enough "stuff" to fill a 40'er, we are looking to share both the space and the cost of shipping with a responsible person or couple. We are living in Dallas, TX and the loading port will be from Houston. We already have a shipping agent in Cuenca who is handling all details of customs and related paperwork. So, if anyone is interested in "piggy backing" with us, or knows someone who might be, please contact me at [email protected], so we can get to know each other, even meet in the coming months. Looking forward to your contact.
Manonne

Hello Manonne!

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Armand

Hello Armand,
I got a notice that you responded to my blog, (shipping household goods)but I cannot find it. Do you have a question?
Manonne

Hi Manonne!

It is just normal that you receive notifications when someone responds to your thread! In this case you were notified for my welcome message :) That's it!

Regards
Armand

Well done! Thanks.

Hola,

We are interested, as we are looking to piggy-back also.  I am sending a message to your email address. More details and more private.

Carole

My husband and I live in Waco and are considering moving to Cuenca in Jan or Feb of 2012.  We may be interested in shipping towels, sheets, clothes, pots and pans etc.  Not too many large items as we plan to rent a furnished place.  Don't know if that will work out or not. Let me know what you think, Sue58

Too late for us to move at that time. We are moving to Cuenca the last of October and are only shipping what you have also. Two pallets will hold what we need. My husband, being a former trucker, knows how to build the enclosures for the pallets. It would be a little bit of a hassle to ship together..but don't know for sure. Guess you would have to ship your stuff to Cuenca; then have the ship come to Jacksonville, where it would continue up to Savannah and then onto Ecuador. 

Email me at "[email protected]" and let us see what we can do. We definitely will be moving in October though..no later.

Carole

Sue58 wrote:

My husband and I live in Waco and are considering moving to Cuenca in Jan or Feb of 2012.  We may be interested in shipping towels, sheets, clothes, pots and pans etc.  Not too many large items as we plan to rent a furnished place.  Don't know if that will work out or not. Let me know what you think, Sue58

Hello, Sue 58
It is easiest to contact me at my e-mail:[email protected]. Love to connect with you.
Manonne

Hello, Sue.
I sent you a reply, but not sure you if I did it correctly.
It is best to contact me directly on my e-mail: [email protected]. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Manonne

Manonne - am curious what a 20' was costing you to ship?  My husband are in are just in the preplanning stages for a move to Cuenca sometime 2012, but are starting our list of what to keep/sell.  It sounds like prices are such that we might want to ship more than we had planned. 
Your dollars might be different than ours, as we are in Georgia, but gives me a ball park to work with.
Thanks in advance,  Jeanne

Hello Jeanne,

Shipping movings from USA to Ecuador have diferent costs depending with state you live, how far is from an important harbour and even there're diferent freight costs for every harbour.

If you need assistance with your moving I can contact a moving agent in your area so he can give you a free estimate.

If you're interested send me and email: [email protected]

Regards
Vinny

Thankyou, Vinny.  I have contacted several movers here - quite a few actually and have gotten a good idea of what the move should cost, assuming we want to bring larger household items with us.  We will stay in touch as our visit and future move gets closer.

Thx,  Jeanne

Sure I will be around.

If you need any help let me know.

Vinny

We have  people who want to share containers write me

[email protected] I also ahve a report on moving and living in Ecuador.

Charles

Hello, All. Two years has passed by so very quickly, like a blink of an eye. That is how long we have been here, in Cuenca. Since we arrived many, many changes have taken place with visa requirements, lodging, restaurants opened and some folded, shipping household goods rules changed as well. You can no longer ship any vehicles used for transportation either by land, water or air, for instance. if you are planning on shipping your belongings, I have compiled a comprehensive list of suggestions, needs, wants and must haves for all who needs a little assistance. Send me a request and I will be glad to mail it to you.