Sprachcaffe Language School

Has anyone been to Sprachcaffe to learn German? I'm thinking about going and would like to hear some opinions...

The school has international locations in Europe - I know this from others when I lived in another country teaching English, and it probably is a good institution but not sure about them here or for German. My guess is if the price is more reasonable there go for it because I doubt it being any problems or much different than Goethe.

Many thanks for your advice. I'll go for it so...

I recommend going to the Volkshochschule - prices are great, and the people are friendly.  Much better than the extortionate prices places like Berlitz etc. charge. 
Kerrie

I can tell you as a former student of the German Intensive study course to save your money and go to the Goethe institute. I am a very fast learner and speak several languages outside of English. I can tell you that after a month of intensive study I could not even say "nice to meet you" in German. The problem is that the school has really wonderful teachers but no structure of curriculum for the teachers to go by. So I had an A0 class that was very slow, and an intermediate class that was 7 to 10 chapters ahead of my A0 class. Upon my insistence, I was moved to another class and my teacher, Micheal who was amazing. Unfortunately I was not with him long enough and ended my studies there feeling cheated. If I had studied with the at home Pimsluer German course I would have spoken more German in a month than I did with the Sprachcaffe. I have had a few other friends that have transferred to the Goethe institute for the same reason. I have worked briefly in there English department and I can say from experience that there is NO CURRICULUM OR STRUCTURE. They call it "open ended" classes,which pretty much means that as a teacher you can teach whatever you want. However, I can only tell you what I know as fact for me. If you choose to go to the school it is at your own expense.

Hi all,

I am considering following an intensive German language course in Dusseldorf.
Does somebody has an advice for me? I am doubting about Goethe institut, since they are quite expensive.
Are the cheaper alternatives like Sprachcaffe good or do you guys think that Goethe is worth the money and I shouldn't go somewhere else?

Kind regards,

Volkan