Looking for a land in ngapali

hi i m looking for a land in ngapali to develop a resort
any advice ?
Any other place to advice

please contact me

Anne sophie

forget it . . . . .  foreigner are not eligible to buy land in Myanmar . . . . .  and don't trust on Locals . . . .

Paramjeet

Dear Anne,
I have a listing of 16 acres beach front resort( with hotel license) for sale in Ngapali. Possibility for JV.
If you are interested, pls contact
Best Regards,
Winston Paing.

If you are a foreign national, you are not permitted to purchase a land. Only leasing is possible.
Most medium investors would have a "buffer" to purchase land. Thsi is doable but you will need to consult with a lawyer.

You have a MM citizenship, you will then need to register your company with DICA and have approval from MM tourism authority. Do to this with limited resources is to contract local consultant/ a firm. (the consultant fee is often time lower than own operation cost)

Hope this help.

Winston Paing > please post in the housing section and well, you should avoid posting your personal contacts on a public forum

thanks

Hi there I am also interested in the very same. What have you learned so far ?

Kuno de Herder

Anne Sophie Dreyer wrote:

hi i m looking for a land in ngapali to develop a resort
any advice ?

please contact me

Anne sophie

what about apartments? can foreigners buy them?

(Moderated: no free ads here please + register in the business directory )

i  have same idea for buying land at Myanmar. but smaller land
But Goverment not allow do that.
Can anybody give some advices to solve this problem.?

Now, Myanmar have plan a lot of industry zone. I want to buy land around this area.

You can lease the land to develop as a investor. Check rules & regulations with MIC. The only way to buy the land if you marry to Myanmar national. It will be under the spouse name.

Dear Winston

If I marry with Myanmar women, Can I get Myanmar national?

Hi there,
There are new hotel zone  starting to developed in Chaung Thar beach. You might get an opportunity to invest there for B.O.T. agreement with the government. Most of the B.O.T. projects are up to 30 years lease term and you can extend from that.
Hope it helps.

Hi Macpham,
The answer is no. FYI, Someone I know married to foreign national and have two kids. They were born one year apart 30 years ago in Yangon. Only one of the them become Myanmar Citizen and the other one is Brithish Citizen. Now she wants to change to Myanmar Citizen now but she's not allowed to do so under current law even though she was born here and her father is Myanmar.
Regards,
Win Paing @ Winston.

Foreigners and foreign companies cannot own real estate and cannot lease it for longer than a year. Depending on the type of enterprise and investment amount, the FIL allows investors to enter into a lease up to 50 years with two ten-year extensions. A longer lease may be available for projects in remote areas.

https://www.uschamber.com/sites/default … _23_13.pdf
Foreign Investment Law(FIL)

Pls read entirety of the revised FIL on above web link in Chambe of Commerence of the United States of America
Regards,
Win Paing @ Winston.

There's a hughe difference between 30yr and 50 yr. If someone or some companies with large sum of investment in Myanmar, even 70yr is not enough yield on ROI.

GET THE FACTS AND FIGURES RIGHT PPL! It doesn't help to given out wrong infos. Just don't post anything to promote yourself or your business. It's CHEAP!

Current FIL passed on since November 2nd 2012.
Regards,
Win Paing @ Winston.

(Moderated: no free ads here please + register in the business directory)

EXCUSE ME!! paramjeet-
That was a nasty comment. Looking at yuor name- it seems indian? I wouldn't trust indians then.

I am replying to :

forget it . . . . .  foreigner are not eligible to buy land in Myanmar . . . . .  and don't trust on Locals . . . .

Paramjeet

UNOHU wrote:

Paramjeet

EXCUSE ME!! paramjeet-
That was a nasty comment. Looking at yuor name- it seems indian? I wouldn't trust indians then.

Hi Chewie123,

This post is from 2014 and Paramjeet is no longer on the website.

Cheers,
Bhavna

Dear sis/sir,
Mingalar bar!
Please let me know that you are still looking for a land in Ngapali in Myanmar.
Although foreigner couldn't buy any real estate in Myanmer, maybe there is the way has to be. You can get the advices from lawyer to solve the problem somehow!

Dear sis/sir,
Mingalar bar!
Although foreigner couldn't buy any real estate in Myanmer, maybe there is the way has to be. You can get the advices from lawyer to solve the problem somehow!

Dear sis,
Mingalar bar!
Although foreigners are not permitted to buy any real estate in Myanmer, maybe there is the way has to be. You should consult with lawyer and you can get the advices to solve the problem somehow!

@GraceJiang

This is an old inactive thread.