Volunteer

Hi all...

Does anyone know of any group/organization needing/accepting volunteers?

I am a Registered Nurse currently working for a not-for-profit organization with offices in Phnom Penh, Laos and Kenya. I have some experience working with a not-for-profit school in a rural area in the Philippines as a nurse, working with students and their families.

In the next few months, I will be pursuing further studies in Public Health and am very interested to be exposed to any kind of work revolving around this area. As my studies will be done via distance learning, I am willing to commit myself for some time, specifically four to six months or even longer.

Anything done on a volunteer/trainee/employee, part time or fill time basis is good.

Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!!!

Hi thomazi - i suggest you post an advert in the Social jobs in Phnom Penh section please as it might help :)

Dear Thomazi,
I know one organization in Cambodia. The name is Smile of Children Organization (PSE),
You can check their Facebook facebook.com/psecambodia
Thank,

Down in the Dumps is working with the people at the Stung Meanchy garbage and we could use some nursing help.

We've put together a mobile medical kit and here are a couple of blogs I've written about it

j-hanson.com/2013/12/
j-hanson.com/dr-grant-and-nurse-jane/

Can you give me a call on (Moderated: Please avoid leaving your personal information on the forum for security reasons)

If you would consider volunteering in Siem Reap, your skills are seriously needed in the villages we serve. If you cannot personally be involved here, might you have guidelines/materials we can adapt to help us develop a fun health-practices curriculum for children. Check out Cambodia clean water ending with org.