Polish people in Mauritius

Hi! My name is Ala. I'm leaving in Malaysia now, but next week I'm moving to Mauritius to star a new chapter in my life :) I would love to meet Polish people. I'm actually suprised there is so many polish there! I'll be leaving in Rose Hill

Alicja

My best friend lives in the UK and is married to a Polish girl. They come to Mauritius twice a year. I'll make sure they get in touch with you next time they are around :)

Krsna

Hi
Thanks for reply Ania.
I would like to ask you guys about process of getting residency.
How and where to apply.
And which documents I will need to provide.
Do we need somethink from Poland how long is normally take to regulate status.
If someone don't mind sharing inf I would be really helpful.
And last question how difficult is to find job in Mauritius.
What's your exoerience.

Thanks

Rafal

Hi! It takes about a month to get residency! U need ur marriage certificate, morality cert from country of residence and origin, passport, photos etc and birth certificate. Is it difficult to find job hmm im still looking! I guess depends on your experience. But yea its defo not uk many jobs are adverised in french on myjob.mu. But its just different lifestyle here! Its paradise :)

rafalvond wrote:

Hi
Thanks for reply Ania.
I would like to ask you guys about process of getting residency.
How and where to apply.
And which documents I will need to provide.
Do we need somethink from Poland how long is normally take to regulate status.
If someone don't mind sharing inf I would be really helpful.
And last question how difficult is to find job in Mauritius.
What's your exoerience.

Thanks

Rafal

Rafał, as Joanna said you need quiet few documents from poland, everything translated to english and APOSTILE as loads of people forgetting about it and its very important. :)

And with job depends where and what you are looking for...

And i forgot to mention! Documents cant be older than 3 months! Before u come pls check mru.gov as they tend to change the procedures.

How to translate to certifical of morality english law system.

What kind of document it is.

I had a lot of problem with documents produce in mauritius when we wanted married in poland cos they affidavit as they call is not valid there.
So what I can show cos there is no certificate of morality in uk or Poland.

So all document must be no older than 3 months.

Do we have to have as well medical test cos I read stories that some visas required it.

Guys thanks for help.

Rafal

hello everybody and wish u all a wonderful year of 2014 in mauritius among polish people

djamel..( mauritian)

Rafał certificat of morality is nothing else than document from court that you don't have any case/issue and you can definatelly get it from both countries, Poland and England, i think better from Poland as your origin country is Poland even if you re not living there anymore. Keep in mind that document must be translated and apostille and of course not older than 3 months (better if it's new).

To make a residence you will need documents like: Marriage certificate, your birth certificate, document from court that you don't have any case/issue, copy of passport and about 4 passport pictures. I didn't have to make any medical test for residence and any kind of visa :P Of course your wife will have to go with you to Passport and Imigration Office in Port Louis as you are spouse of mauritian and it's her who has to prove you are still together and all that.

Belove i'm sending you info about Immigration Office in Mauritius

Passport & Immigration Office
Sterling House,
9-11, Lislet Geoffroy Street,
Port Louis
Telephone No : - (230) 210 9312
Fax No : - (230) 210 9322
E-Mail Address : - [email protected]

Regards
Ania

In mauritius already.
Just wonder where is next polish meeting.
Would like to meet you gays and keep in touch.
Thanks
Rafal

Hi there,

Are U still in Mauritius.

Me and my husband just recently came back to Mauritius and this time definitely staying in Mauritius.

Any plans for Christmas or shall we organise polish meeting in the near future?

Warm regards,

Hey guys,

If you have facebook, please join group: "Polish people Mauritius". I'm sure you can meet more polish people living on Island and join a polish meetings! Last Christmas i have spent with Polish Community, it was fantastic! :) On fb group Polish exchanging informations about meetings and other important things so you might like it.

Kisses from poland.

Ania

Hello there,

My name is Cedric. I have been living in Melbourne for over 6 years now and I am coming back to Mauritius for a few months. I am from the North of the island, in Pereybere.

While I am in Mauritius, I welcome the chance to meet with some english speaking people to hang out with. Share our travel experiences and stuff.

P.S: My best mate is Polish, he lives in Melbourne.

Sincerely,

Cedric

Hi
I am Aneta .I live in live in London , but I am here in Mauritius for 5 weeks to get married.I am returning to London at the end of November.I am going to permanently move to Mauritius next year .I am looking for polish friends.Apart from my husband to be who is Mauritian I don't know anyone here , neither I know the language

Hi aneta and welcome to Mauritius. I have moved here last year, also from london. Do not hesitate to contact me on private. Look forward to hear from u.

Cześć I just joined the forum, are you still in Mauritius?

Hi.my name is,sabina me n my husband are planing to move to Mauritius next year together with our son.can someone tell me if its difficult to adapt

Hi Sabinka!
Well.. It depends on your attitude...  are u going to work in Mauritius? It was hard for me in the beginning... I felt alone and had nobody to talk to... But there is a great banch of Polish people up there so u will def find somone  to keep u company...
The lifstyle is different.... More relaxing, u have loads of time for urself...
Its great place with a great people... Amazing beaches, amazing landscapes...  But u will def need a time to adapt...  :) keep my fingers crossed and enjoy the beauty of Mauritius :)

Thanks for ur replay.yes I would love to work.