Meeting like minded people in Athens, I'm from Bristol

Hi

I'm Andrew, I have moved to Athens about 2.5 yrs ago!!!!

I moved from near Bristol where we had such a rich music scene with Jungle/ DnB/ Techno (real Techno) and all the rest, I'm missing it so much and I'm a DJ (I mix Vinyl none of this CD/MP3 ****) and have no-one to play with :(.

Me and my girlfriend are finding it all very hard being away from friends and to find people who have the same experiences and interests as us seems impossible!

I have some Greek friends but our sense of humor is so different its crazy, plenty of tumble weed moments haha!!!

So I hope this gets some attention and we get some friends out of this, we have been so close to going home because life is about having good friends not just trundling along and waiting to go back on holidays.

I work in a Maritime Insurance company and my GF teaches English as a foreign language, we have 2 dogs, Trevor and Lolly. I'm 25 and the missus is 24. We live in Voula and need friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know this sounds sad, but this is almost my last hope I don't know what else to do. If theres anyone who is keen to meet up then message me :)

No-one? :(

Some-one... check your inbox :)

hey how are u?

i landed in athens last night here to pursue my masters in marketing :)

i am living in zografu, looking to meet new people :)

farhanj5 wrote:

hey how are u?

i landed in athens last night here to pursue my masters in marketing :)

i am living in zografu, looking to meet new people :)

Awesome :) thats not that far...... If you are interested in meeting up then let me know, there is the Athens beer fest on starting today, we plan to go on the weekend :)

WElcome and check your inbox

Hey Andrew, dont give up. I think i  just wrote to your gf - feel free to get in touch with me if you like.

Dear Andre & Girlfriend,

Just read your email & I feel for you! I may not be the type of friend you are looking for but feel free to contact when things get desperate. I've lived in GR for 6yrs, feel just the same in regards to being able to find friends. I am actually planning of relocating to UK next year because I've just about had it. I do not go clubbing, but I do love to go shopping/out for coffee & photography. I'm and English examiner for the HAU so I have something in common with your girl friend. My husband is an engineer & travels with his job so I am alone in GR 8months out of the year. Greeks do not know the meaning of sense of humor, only drama. So keep in touch. Jeannette

Greeks have no sense of humour? What a generalisation.

Yes only Americans and Brits have a sense of humour.

The Greeks may be difficult and it sure is hard to find good friends, but even in this so called crisis I see more people laughing and enjoying life in Athens than I ever have in Los Angeles, Washington, Chicago, New York, Manchester or London.

Perhaps their sense of humour is just different to yours and you dont get it, that doesnt mean they dont have one.

When I see Greeks hanging out with Greeks theyre always laughing or shouting, both passionately.

Not sure if this is still active. I am moving to Athens in about a month. So would be happy to meet. I also wanted to know if you guys have any tips for working there. You seem to have managed to find a way.

Hi and welcome.

Tips for job hunting are hard this period. Really hard to find one, unless you know people or be extremely lucky.

I would start looking already from where you are located.

In any case, if you need help or hang out for a beer when you are here, give me a shout.

Regards

Hey Andrew I actually studied in Bath and Bristol is a lovely place..I don't know how long you have lived here but any relocation takes a lot of adjusting time. Anyway I rarely log in and saw your message and I would like you to know that if you would like we could all meet up (with my boyfriend) and go for a drink or lunch.

Take care

totally know what u 2 feel like !! I'm from Salisbury about an hr from Bristol have quite a few friends there too lived in Camden for 2 yrs before here which was fab as llike gigs and raves etc but can't party like I used too!! My boyfriends greek and I really need some english company as he doesn't get my dry British humour lol!! Please please let's all meet for a beer it's so strange not having friends here!!!!

Hi!! I am in Athens for 5 months now and I would like to meet some other people too! I am French so I don't know if I am gonna get all your British jocks but... I like beer!! ;)

Ellie I lived in Bath visited Bistol a couple of times and also lived in Camden. Inbox me if you would like and we can meet.

Hi guys.
Seems like there are quite a few of you who might be up for getting together for a drink.

Maybe we could arrange to meet in the centre somewhere.