How to make friends in Noumea

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Noumea :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Noumea??

Thanks in advance for your participation

i want friends in new caledonia, mauritius, cyprus and canary islands. how can u assist me? thanks.

hi to all , the best way to get friends in New-Caledonia ? Keep it easy  , do not make complicate what is easy , and talk with the people you meet , don't try to teach ! You can do that after , when you're already close friends , if you are ready to learn also about the way of life here ...

I've been living here for 6 weeks and I see that people are very friendly. They always say hello to me wherever I meet them.

But I don't have any close friends so far. Hope I can make friend in the near future...

Do lesson exchanges in a bar or a cafe. Then slowly friendships will develop!!

Hi any one from koutio dumbea?

Every Thursday morning around 10 am, there is an english-speaking expats meeting at the Coffee Club (Nouméa, baie des citrons). It's a good and esay way to make friends !

Hi there,
Is the Thursday morning Coffee Club meeting still going on?
Would love to meet some people may age (32).

Other suggestions?

Thanks!
Anna

Hi Anna,

Just wondering if you found the expat group and if they still meet at the Coffee Club?
Thank you! :)

Monique

Hi Monique,

The english-speaking meeting is still at the Coffee Club every Thursday morning at 11am. You are, of course, welcome !
See you !
Nathalie