Permenante Resident.

I married my Moroccan Wife in Morocco in 2011.
We plan to move form the USA to live in or near Agadir as i will retire early 2014.
I do not plan or expect to look for work.

I want an Idea of what I can expect to pay for a small rental farmhouse or Villa in Agadir.
My Wife was a language teacher of French, Arabic and English for 17 years in Mohammedia.

Also, please, I want to know of any bureaucracy problems i may have to face as a permenante resident in Agadir.

I do not want to rent somebodies  Vacation , Flat, Villa, House at 10 times the normal price.

My Wife knows nearly everything about Morocco but she has never been to Agadir.

Any Advice from Expats already living in Agadir; Please reply

Stephen; ( [email protected]

Thanks

Hi, while i was in agadir for the past month or so,

there were many residences (flats type) for 200,000 - 500,000 dirhams. Some were very nice, although i was told you can buy in typical non tourist area 2 storey villas for that price and in some cases for as little as 50,000 dirhams for very basic types.

It may work out better to buy then rent to be honest,

http://www.alamane.ma/index.php/chantiers/Amane_Founty

i think these were advertised at 350,000 dirhams.

I do not have such a sum of money to buy a home at those prices but thanks so much.
Stephen

You may find cheap place to buy or rent in nearby areas like immouran or taghazout.

We were in agadir for holiday in July, my husbands cousin says you can rent for about 150.00 americn dollars a month.  That's really cheap, compared to the states.

Hello Stephen, I don't know if you've moved by now; I'm an american who's lived winters in Taghazout area for 4 or 5 years now. The replies offering cheaper rents are closer to the mark although 150 dollars is a bit low. Of course, it would only make sense if you were in the area but we have a friend, Hassan, who is a native of the village and knows the houses for sale (or rent) in the mountain villages above Taghazout. (I say above cause it is on the coast. I know that he finds and sells fairly substantial houses, european style, with accomodations for well under 100k euros. Unfortunately, my friend cannot read or write and so I use my email for him. .. But that doesn't keep him from knowing the villages... he was raised therein. If you are in the area, or going to be, I'll leave you my email and should you respond, contact hassan for you.
As for a bank acct, you have to be a resident and that takes a min fixed income but I'm sure that doesn't pose a problem for you. In any case, here's my email: [email protected]. (I hasten to add I'm an academic, not a realtor, and do this to help him out; we met him renting ourselves.

I live in agadir since may 2013. At the beginning we rented a nice place, 2 bedrooms, 1 salon, kitchen and toilet+bathroom and it costed 2000 dirhams a month. We buyed a nice appartement by now for 290.000 dirhams it s like 28.000 euro's. It has also 2 bedrooms( 1 has a balcone) and 1 salon. Big kitchen also with balcone and toilet and bathroom. There are still appartements in my neighbourhoud its in the center and you have everything neirby. If you want more info... just give me a sign ;)