CHILDREN VISA

Hi,
I found this site to be very helpfull to all, i am an indian got job in O/G in oman i have 2 children 1. 5 years old & another 5 months what are the docs required for processing family visa . my visa is in process hope will get it soon. please help me in this matter.
Thanks in advance.

Good morning Nsameer,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Congratulations for your new job.

You will soon receive comments from the members which may help you ;)

Regards,
Pravin.

Well if you didn't get your visa yet then first come here yourself and then get your family here on visit visa and process the rest here its really simply.

You cannot sponsor your family only your employer can and you can also get your parent here on residence visa as well..

Thanks for info
do i require madical test & birth . Marriage certificate attestation for visit visa required

Yes marriage certificate and birth certificates attested by Foreign office and Oman embassy.

Kids doesn't require any medical. Better option to bring family on visit visa as doesnt require medical for visit visa and then conduct medical test here cost 22 OMR and much easier to do it here.

Thanks for the info, if visit visa is taken then do we need to go out of oman to convert it into dependent visa for my family?

Nope you don't have to go leave the country. Its for 3 months single entry.

You visit any medical centre who do visa medical and then give it to employer, normally takes up to 4 weeks.

Thanks for the info
another one, my employer has applied for me employment visa 2 weeks back & he says its in process, can I track the visa application online ?

nope there is not way you can only your employer but do pursue them weekly as they are very lazy and never rush things. This process take atleast 4-6 weeks.

Yupee i got visa for oman in 20 days.
one more problem in visa
with My name in visa page they have included my fathers name also in my name column.
Is it ok  to travel with that doc or do i need to get it changed...??:(:) ?
Is this issue comman for all?

Wow that's great yap this is okay they include ur father or husband name whatever in the Pp that's how they do it. They will put that on ur resident card as well. Anything comment here or inbox me

Thanks u relieved a lot of pressure from my head :)

Hi, I just got info from my employer that the visit visa cannot b converted into dependents visa from march 1 2013 rules. previously it used to be done , but now we have go out and apply???. Is it true ?

nope its wrong as just converted my wife last week...

How much time does it take to get the work visa formalities completed. I have been waiting for a month and it is yet not concluded.

It took me 20 days . I think it depends on employer& type of job

ary-ag its all depends on the employer how fast they process the application..

Thanks. Hope it is done soon

oops i have to get my family on joining visa as the school fellows are asking joining visa only no visit visa is accepted. &
for visa my employer says they need a rental agreement (new rule)for processing is it true. ???

well that's strange but as I have said its all depends on the employer. my employer didn't asked for anything for my parents visa coming on visit visa.

I am getting dependent visa might be because of it.

Can I bring my father to Oman with residence visa, as my mother is deceased and he is above 60 and I am only son supporting him ( my brother and sister already abroad).