Hello everyone!

Hi! I'm new to this forum, although not new to Tenerife! :) Im currently self employed, and have been living here for the past 10 years. I've seen alot happen in that time, and am here to lend a helpful hand to all! Pretty much an expert in the changing business climate here, so don't be a stranger ^_^

Hi Lucy Skymonds,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

How can we help you ?

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Thanks Maximilien ^_^ Since you're asking, is linking not allowed on this forum? I posted a link to a site and it appears to not have worked O_o Twas innocent enough, so I'm thinking lotsa anti spam on here... Should I try to just recommend things by name in the future?

Thanks! :)

Hi Lucy

I'm Denis and thinking of moving to Tenerife.  I like Las Americas but not too happy with the rental prices, I'm looking at the surrounding areas a 1 bed roomed furnished €300 to €400 per month would suffice.  Some advice please?

[email protected]

hi there,  we are looking to move over in july this year. I have a young daughter who is 6 years old.  We are currently self employed here and have two successful buisnesses which we have people interested in buying.  What is it that you do out there? and is the transition from here to there as big a minefield as people make out?

Thanks Tonya

Hi Tonya
I think we have some wires crossed here, I don't live in Tenerife I'm trying to find out what rentals prices are like for a 1 bed roomed apartment in the Las Americas areas.

If I were you I would get cheap flight, find a cheap place to stay and find out for yourself, you will be amazed what you can find out in week.  The people that I spoke to said it was a straight forward move they worked in Iceland supermarket as till checkers and shelf packers.   

Regards

Denis.

Hi Lucy

I'm looking to make a move to Tenerife some time in the future.  I like Las Americas, but found the rentals rather high.

Could you get a 1 bed roomed apartment, furnished on the outskirts for €300 to €400 per month, any suggestions?

Regards

Denis.

Hi I'm looking  for a 1 bed roomed apartment, furnished near Las Americas for €300 to €400 per month.  Some advice please?  Thanks Denis.

email [email protected]

Hey Dennis,

Sorry, apartment rentals aren't my speciality, all I can advise is for you to look online (check out some of the forums and classifieds too for private rentals), or just drive around until you see a 'se alquila' you like the look of :) Try looking in los Cristianos or Adeje for cheaper flats (they're still quite central, but more Spansih areas, so they should be in your budget). If you can drive, have a look at the villages, you can find apartments as cheap as chips there, I think a friend of mine pays about 250 euros a month for his 1 bed apartment in Valle San Lorenzo.

Thank you Lucy

I have taken that on board, I have managed to get hold of an estate agent they reckon that for my price range San Eugenio (spelling) would be ideal.  I must say what have told me ie price wise is very encouraging.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards Denis.