Are western expats walking around with targets on their backs?

Come on guys, tell me it aint so.  I'm due to be back in a few months on a more or less permanent basis.

Hi,

i can't speak for everywhere all the times but Libya is as safe as usual. I'm an expat and i don't feel targeted as i move about. Having said that, it's always best to take some precautions.

The fact that I am Libyan does not mean that I should make it a paradise to you guys, however, for me, it only seems that the biggest issue right now is the closure of roads every now and then. Safe? yea, I guess during my stay in Tripoli for about two years, it seems to me that if you live in the area starting from Sarraj and all the way to Tajora, you probably will have no issues. I live in Janzour, and, as some problems happen between Janzour and Wurshefana (West Tripoli), it is absolutely safe.

Good luck

Thanks to both of you for cheering me up.  I'm not in Libya now but someplace far worse and was so looking forward to returning to Tripoli for relief from the  hell that is Benin.  Just 17 weeks to go at most...I'm trying to talk hubby into using vacation time to come back sooner.

Hi Guys
Libya is indeed safe
It just a media propaganda for the sake of money

adam