Best place in indonesia for outdoor recreation and job opportunity

Hello I've recently moved to Surabaya to take a TEFL course. After the course I want to teach English in this country. I want to know of somewhere in this country with opportunities for English teaching, hiking, and ocean swimming all in relatively close proximity to each other. Obviously, this is not Surabaya. In the other countries I've lived in this combination has been available. I'm hoping someone could tell me where to find this kind of place in Indonesia. Try not to mention Bali; I'm not looking for a party scene. Also Bali is the one choice someone who has never been to Indonesia could mention. I'm looking for answers from people who have traveled Indonesia and could give me an name of a place that wouldn't be readily available in a google search.

"Try not to mention Bali; I'm not looking for a party scene."

If you think Bali is all about partying then you know absolutely nothing about Bali.

Have a look at Sumbawa.  Maybe you would enjoy teaching at one of the Mining schools there.

Surabaya is a good place to do bussiness :)

That all depends on how much you want to earn and whether there are jobs for you to have. You TEFL will get you only so far and you need to work legally here not on a tourist visa, this again is something you will need to search out.
Out of the way places will not legally afford Western Teachers, perhaps you could search through charities or religious groups.
Whilst most people want what you desire, it can be in truth hard to find due to the nature of teaching here. EF is opening schools in Sulawesi and Sumatera and it might be useful to enquire there. I know some of the schools outside of Java are in weird and wonderful places.
You could consider that as an option.