CONSTRUCTION WORK

Hi there,

Has anyone heard of a company called Gab Construction? Their address is supposed to be B104 Ring Road Industrial Area,
Abossey Okai Road Ghana West Africa. I tried to google them but only got info on a company in Canada with the same name which has no connections in Ghana. They offered me a job with a high USD salary, visa and plain tickets, all organised within 48hrs! The only "catch" is the 355USD payment I have to make for "courier" costs that must be paid directly via western money gram transfer to their financial manager directly. This has to be marked or declared as a "GIFT501" They refuse to give me the Company Bank Account.

Their contract says that I will actually be employed by Carnac Construction Company Ghana. The only info that I get on Carnac is a website that lists them as a company that offers construction work in Ghana. there is no other info on them as well.

Any comments or thoughts? I really wish that this is not a scam, but my gut feeling is that it must be!

Kind regards to all!
Gabriel

That's got to be a scam !

Any company that asks for money and promises things within 48 hours is a scam. You might get a contract but it is the work permit that allows you to work here!

It is scam alright even if genuine companies and persons are used as pretexts.

I'm not an expat in Ghana at this time but, I know Africa reasonably well.  This sounds like a typical Nigerian Scam.  Walk away.

No one will ever hire you without a physical interview.  If they can pay for your working visa, housing, moving expenses, and most important, your income tax, they can certainly pony up for measly postage.

Thanks for the response. I have done quite a bit of research the last couple of days and found that these work offers is a scam. I suddenly received 3 new offers with exactly the same approval letter(word for word except for the letter heading) from different "companies"! so watch out!!

This should be a scam.
GarryHarris, why is this a Nigerian scam ? why not American scam ? British scam ? The Western world has a way of making everything bad look African, whereas, they "sleep" with all the dirty "things"  .

If it sound like a scam - it is.  When someone want money first before you can receive something, it's usually a scam.  Go with your heart!  There are people out there with no SHAME!

this 100% scam please

A definite scam. If you see posts like this just report them so the moderators can check them out and shut them down.

That's obviously a scam

this thread is now closed, thanks

Closed