International experience, does it work??

Hi,
Need some help please.
We are a Canadian family used to live in Mississauga, Ontario. Left Canada in 2004 for a job in Kuwait in the Middle East with a good job offer and with no taxes  :idontagree: . My wife has experience in Canada as an ESL teacher for about 4 years. Then in Kuwait she worked as an ESL instructor for adults for 2 years then moved to training and development field in big corporations. She got licensed from international training organizations - one of them from Canada - to deliver their material in these local corporations. In addition she is currently doing an online certificate from a Canadian College in the field of Staff training and development. lately she was promoted to a training manager in a corporation with total of 3,000 employees in the field of retail business of international brands.
Our plan is to go back to Alberta as we found out it's booming - within this year - as my daughter became 17 and wants to go for a university in Canada.
My question for you is: do companies in Alberta would recognize my wife's experience in the middle east?, taking in consideration that she already has experience in Canada but 10 years back with teaching ESL for adults . Her last job in Canada was teaching ESL in a private college.

Probably best to sound out various companies to see if they would or not. Contact their respective HR departments.