Registering a birth in Bolivia

Hi,

About to have a baby or already had children? Let's share your experience about the paperworks for registering a birth in Bolivia.

What are the formalities to obtain a birth certificate?

What is the procedure to follow if both parents are of the same nationality or for a mixed couple?

Thank you in advance for participating,

David

from texas I brought my kiddos in 2011. both BC's needed to be processed at the consulate BEFORE I came to Bolivia and be registered at La Paz in the national office there for a fee and a few weeks to wait. not easy and if you didn't do what was necessary before you left your country, may luck be with you. the original bc needs three official things: certified by the state, certified by the bolivian consulate, and registered in the book of births and then that page copied and certified and carried by hand to the La Paz registry. there they make a official Bolivian BC which you pay and wait for. P.S. don't do anything or go anywhere without SEVERAL copies of EVERYTHING.  Also, the things the consulate tells you and the things the nice friendly folks in Bolivia share with you, if they so please, can be conflicting at every different office so prepare yourself for a lot of run around and disorganization especially if a holiday is coming up or there is a protest of some kind and shutdowns can be nationwide and last several days.

@ ChefJeff: Thank you for the sharing of information :)