Newbie in New Delhi

Hi everybody

Just landed in New Delhi and I am trying to settle down. My first priority is to expand my network since I know nobody here. Amazing city and something new is just arround the corner. But hey, how can you explore the city if you don't have a 'body' or a guide to show things arround? I love to hang out with friends for a coffee and to share experiences. Pretty cool guy and open to listen to different stories and points of view. Well, it's weekend and serfing the net is not the best idea how to spend it. Any ideas? ..... Look forward to hear from you.

Steven

Hi.. Steven..Welcome to the Incredible India. But as a newcomer to the city, u need to know some basics so that u dont get fooled of.Try to have a map of Delhi which will guide you where to go and which would be the best way to reach.If you are in India for work, try to involve yourself with office colleagues so that they can guide you better and every possible way.Lastly you cas text me anytime as I been in Delhi for 3 years, so know and can guide you the best possible way I can.

Regards\
Subhasish

Hi Steven!!

Welcome to Delhi!!!

Hope all is well so far? As it seems you have travelled quite a bit i'm sure you have did you research on India :) but please do  feel free to ask any questions.

I have been in delhi 9 years now currently work for a real estate agency as a consultant

I'm very familiar with the ups and downs .... and enjoy helping others.

Keep in touch!

Warm, wishes!

Melinda

Hi Melinda,

Thank you for your warm welcome.
Actually, I did no search for India or New Delhi because I was requested to come here asap, no time for serious investigations. I was aware of some general info and that's it. The story of my life; playing the role of the fireman....Ok, maybe I should not complain. Maybe I like to play this role.

Anyways, having a hepling hand from more experienced expats is always welcome.
Thanks......

Thanks Subhasish for the recommendation. Noted!

subhasish wrote:

Hi.. Steven..Welcome to the Incredible India. But as a newcomer to the city, u need to know some basics so that u dont get fooled of.Try to have a map of Delhi which will guide you where to go and which would be the best way to reach.If you are in India for work, try to involve yourself with office colleagues so that they can guide you better and every possible way.Lastly you cas text me anytime as I been in Delhi for 3 years, so know and can guide you the best possible way I can.

Regards\
Subhasish

Hi Steven,

We are bunch of friends and mostly are expats in the group. We do lot of parties, events, get together etc.

Feel free to join us and also you can stay updated through Just Talk group on facebook about what's happening around!

Regards,
Saurabh

So, any plans for a drink or coffee? Anybody?

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum.]

Hi steven,

Im arnab. Nice to meet you.

Where in delhi are you putting up? Coffee sounds amazing. Im in the south.
Its the best time to be in delhi, though the winter is still not making its presence felt.

See you soon.

Hey, Stevan.

May name is Amit, I'm from Delhi.

Welcome to City of Hearts. :)

Hi Steven Welcome to India. Hope you will get the friends in Delhi  :proud . Please share your experience after  visit.