I will be moving to Edinburgh

I will be moving to Edinburgh around july this year.
I would like to know preferred (safe, yet happening) localities which would be preferable for myself, my wife and 3.5 year old kid. I am looking for a furnished apartment/house.
Also, if you could provide me with information about the approximate cost that it would incur for living (food, entertainment, utilities, grocery, travel, rent, taxes, etc.), then it would be highly appreciated.
Not sure if it would matter, but my salary would be about 41,000 GBP per year

Hello vicky.bhattacharya.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

There are a few good websites such as rightmove.co.uk for information on accommodation. Edinburgh (and the UK generally) is very expensive for nearly everything but £41K is a good salary so you can easily live on that. Is the figure pre or post tax?
You might not be able to save much if your wife is not working though. Nursery schools for your child are generally very good. Best look for a local authority nursery: they are far better than private nurseries which, after all, are run purely for profit.

Apologies for the long delay!
The salary is pre-tax. I will be moving to the city at the end of February now (had been around the world during the last few months and hence the delay).
Saving a lot of money is the least of my concerns right now. I would like to live in an area (in furnished 2 bedroom flat/house) which is accessible through public transport easily, has grocery and other stores nearby, has good schools, is no more than 5 miles away from sight hill and approve all, SAFE for family. Any suggestions?