Scottish female about to make the move to Athens!

Hi Folks!

I've been working on a sort of rotation to Athens for a few months now and the move is about to become permanent in January 2014! I think I'll be living in either Kifisia or Marousi.

I'm quite excited about it all but the general theme seems to be that it's hard to make friends :( I'm heading to Athens for the last two weeks in November if anyone is around?

Would love to make some female friends (the office is full of guys who talk about man stuff!)

I look forward to hearing from you!

HI I LIVED IN GRECCE 4 YEARS IN ATHNES I AM IN BULGARIA NOW I WILL BACK TO GRECCE NEXT MONTH IF U LIKE WE CAN BE FRIENDS ..

Hi gaspar mark,

Can you please avoid using caps lock on the forum? It will make your post appear more friendly :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

hi Priscilla .i will not use it anymore.. so how are you ? when you will come to athens ? kisse:Ps

Hi gaspar mark,

Please note that i am a member of the Expat.com team and i am here to guide you including other members on the forum. :)

Thank you

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hi DeelR

I have been in Athens for a few months now. Would be great to meet more native English speakers.

Just wondering whether your female friends only policy is a strict one?

Jasper

Hey Jasper,

How are you? How are you settling into Athens life?

No, it's not a strict policy at all! Which area are you staying in?

Dee

Hey Dee

I'm good thanks, yourself? Athens life has its ups and downs, but I think I am settling alright. I've started Greek lessons too.

I work in Piraeus, but I am staying in Metaxourghio (not the best of areas, but the rent is cheapish). I saw that you were thinking about Kifissia or Maroussi, where did you end up choosing?

I will personal message you my Greek number, perhaps you would like to meet for a drink sometime.

Jasper

Hi Dee,

I moved to Athens July 2012 and live in the Nea Erythrea area [very near Kifissia just more North]. I'm actually very familiar with Athens and it's amazing nightlife so I would be glad to offer you tips on where to go if you like. Do remember though that during the winter months the Greeks hibernate and don't go out as much. But come summer this city is electric!!!! London & New York eat your hearts out!!!

Anyway as you will be in Kifissia you should venture to "Nisi" aka "Little Island" which is strip of bars [not strip bars! Normal bars] all lined up in Nea Erythrea the hottest place to party in North Athens! Seriously cool, amazing and loads of fun! Though again not at this time of the year.....Anyway check it out it's in the heart of Nea Erythrea behind the restaurants.

I will be glad to offer further advise should you have further enquiries.

Costas

Hi Costas,

Thanks for the response! I actually ended up finding an apartment in Metz but I'll be up in Marousi with work so will check out this bar area you mention!

I hope you had an enjoyable Christmas :)

Dee

Hey I live in aigelo I moved here in November with my boyfriend who's greek I'm 27 and enjoy a good time.. let me know if u fancy meeting for a drink