French Learning

Dear all,

I am new to kuwait, im 26 and a pharmacist.. Kuwait seems to be a nice place, I hope I cane make few but good friends here, it's my first post in the forum and I hope it will be just the start.

I am so much interested in Languages, I Can speak, English, French and German. Looking forward to meeting people from all backgrounds and nationalities..

Just wanted to say Hi..

Regards,
Rami

hello Rami and welcome to Expat.com :) you seem to be very helpful, great attitude, keep it up!

word to the wise tho; do look at the date on which a post was made initially before responding to it, as there are some pretty old posts on this forum.

Enjoy!

Hey Rami,
Welcome to kuwait!
Don't hesitate to buzz me if you need anything or any kind of info or jst someone to chat with over a cup of coffee :)
Je suis sure que tu vas adorer le koweit ;)
Allez a tres bientot!

bonjour lili, merci beacoup pour ton aider (?) many thanks for being a helpful person on this here forum  :thanks:

Bonjour😊
You'r most welcome, it's my pleasure😉

pleasure is all ours :)

so; which coffee shops would you recommend as having the best ambience?

You guys are firing me up again on this. I kinda lost hope and gave up on learning French ... it seems I'll go back to that too just like many other things I stopped doing a while ago :)

the best way to learn french is to mingle with the frenchies :)

or those "learn french" mp3s, I have quite a few, can share em if you like, i listen to em sometimes whilst driving

Thanks @Legacy, that would be great. I had a French language course with cassettes. I used to listen to them to learn how to speak French. However, my interested was shifted back then and didn't work consistently on it.

If I start again and actually start learning, I'll be indebted to you like all the people you graciously help. Have a good day :)

alrighty then! lets meet up and i'll give you the files - i remember the days of cassettes :D there was a bookshop here called the family bookshop, very old, almost part of history. but then they closed it down - tore down the whole building. its where the new mega mall is coming up in salmiya, right across the street from another mega mall that is also still cming up...

anyhoo,during that guys liquidation sale, i bought a series of russian learning tapes; after i bought em i realized i no longer had a walkman to use em >.<

LOL ... alrighty then :D Love this line from Ace Ventura.

Deal ... See you later

Hello there!
@legacy: Sorry for my late reply, i was very busy lately
for coffee shops, i like the ones with an outdoor sitting...God blessed us with an amazing weather these days, why not enjoy the frech air...even if it's a bit cold :)
i loooove the living room lounge in marina waves. It's not really a coffee shop, but i go there somestimes jst for a cup of hot chocolate and the breath taking view!
I also like starbucks fahaheel, right nxt to alkout mall. The view on the marina is very nice.
I used to go to the one in salmiya opposite alfanar mall and sit outside, but it has to be really early in the morning before traffic
I also like the coffee shops in sharq mall by the marina, especially the last one in the corner, i'm sorry i dont remember the name. It has shisha as well. I love their very funny kind of "half on an egg" seats :) they have i think only two of them, and we always fight over them :) but it's better to go there early before it gets crowded.
Well...these are some of my hot spots. Wt abt urs?