Delayed in visa

hi guys i m workin in india on june 15th i hav given interview in a restraunt in muscat oman n i m selected they sen me offer letter n i have done all formalities like medical n all but coz of ramzan our visa is delayed nafter three months  they said after three months medical is expired so u hav o do ur medical again n i do medical again on 18th oct now its 22dec  still i did nt get my visa n just 26 days left n again my medical will expire how shud i know abt visa .they did nt demand for money so i know its not fake..........so wat is d problem plsssss send me suggestins.

Dear Brother.
Our sincere sympathies with you. This is a problem,  not only faced by you but many of the people now a days. Normally, it depends upon how fast the company gets the visa clearance (They are catagorized accordingly). But i feel something's wrong here as its gonna be 6 months and they're not able to obtaion our visa. Would you mind telling us for what designation, you've been interviewed for.

A big factor now a days is promoting the omanization to the maximum limits. Hence companies have to provide alot of justifications to the ministry of man power to hire an expat. Fingers crossed, you should have to ask firmly to your employer on how long will they take for issuing the visa as its quite an irky to do medical time by time.

Hai..we should consider actually if wanna work in oman.visa process very difficult.I have same problem w u.I have been waiting since last august and till now never have  any good  news.even though I keep sending an email to the employer to check about the status but the reply always the same.they don't hv the labour clerance yet.n the employer just give me an offer letter without job contract.visa clerance takes for ever.if there is another job better just forget about offer in oman,because not all company can get the labour clerance from the ministry of manpower.

Hi. there...

same question from me...i had an interview last year in December in Asia for job i one of Omani oil company...now still waiting for the VISA...already email my employer they said need to wait the labor clearance...
question is how long it would take till my VISA issued ? please advice, especially current condition in Oman I heard many omanization...

I have been waiting for 4 months and end up with nothing. My respective empployer cant obtain the labour clearance. In Oman having very complicated rules now due to Omanization. They have recently  stop hie woman expatriate also. They try to push All omanis fill all sector. I have decided to take another opportunity in UAE much better. Easy for visa and when reach there easy for moving another place within the country.

I really have deep bad experience with this and I dont want to apply job in Oman anymore

Gud luck for you,

Ryanti123 wrote:

I have been waiting for 4 months and end up with nothing. My respective empployer cant obtain the labour clearance. In Oman having very complicated rules now due to Omanization. They have recently  stop hie woman expatriate also. They try to push All omanis fill all sector. I have decided to take another opportunity in UAE much better. Easy for visa and when reach there easy for moving another place within the country.

I really have deep bad experience with this and I dont want to apply job in Oman anymore

Gud luck for you,

Thank you...probably I will wait for this since my respective employer said earlier this month they just working on my labor clearance...btw may I know what is your employer (that hired you in Oman) ?

My respective employer also keep telling me that they are working on that. Oman rules keep changing all times. Probably ur employer has more power to the ministry of labour because Oil company based. But sometimes depends on the owner of company which has big authority to the goverment or  not.My employer is hotel sector. They classified percentage of Omanisation in each sector.

Yes I am for Indonesia,sorry for the missing answer. Hope this answer finds you well.

Regards,

I am from Indonesia also, and my respective employer held campaign to Jakarta last December 2013.
Hopefully this Oil company has more power as you said...

Thank you for your reply, hope you find another place in mid-east soon to replace this Oman company...please keep contact me if you've heard any news...