Moving to Vancouver alone

Im thinking of making the big move to Vancouver however I think I will be travelling alone. Im a little nervous about not knowing anyone over there. Has anyone moved there alone and if so did you find it hard to make new friends. Thanks :)

Hi edelmc2,

http://www.earlylearninghq.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Welcome-banner.jpg

On behalf of the entire Expat-blog Team, welcome on board. I hope your participation on the blog will be both enjoyable and informative.

I moved to Vancouver, alone, when I was 27 years old and lived there for 28 years until I came to Brazil twelve years ago.

Don't worry one little bit, Vancouverites are the most easily approachable and friendly people in Canada. You will have no problems whatsoever in making friends. If you are the least bit "outgoing" in nature you'll get to a point like I did. If you don't make at least 3 new friends in one day you'll begin to wonder if there isn't something wrong with YOU!!!

Vancouver is truly a multicultural city, a virtual melting pot of different cultures so you won't stand out like a sore thumb either. You will also probably be able to find new friends who are from your home country too.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil & Canada Expert, Expat-blog Team

Thank you very much, its great to hear that :). Its a daunting thought as am used to the security of family and friends. Thank you for your response

I agree, people in Vancouver are very friendly. We moved there (as a family) 30 years ago, but met many single people, that found  friends very easily.
Good luck!

Hi there, 
Vancouverites are friendly, moved here alone myself 20 years ago.  It's a multicultural city, you will never feel alone in Vancouver and it's one of the safest city in the world.  Take care.