Expanding Business into Myanmar

Hi friends ! I would like to know more friends who are interested in going into Myanmar to do business. We do have an established business in Singapore already.

Feel free to email for a chat.

what established business do you have in singapore???

i am intersted in doing hospitality business in myanmar.  restaurant hotel resort or consulting for mentioned

appreciate any lead ad help for information on how to set up the business and which are the good locations.
i prefer beach side

Hey there,

I am also interested to do some investment in Myanmar, probably a design related business, such as architect firm or consultancy firm. I am going to investigate the market for two month starting from next week.It will be nice if we can keep in touch and discuss about it. I will need any lead or helps in setting up a business over there at Yangon or Mandalay.

Feel free to email, message or chat.

I am doing business in Myanmar from some time already, 2 companies including one hotel, if required any help, contact me through PM

Hello all:

I am planning to go to Myanmar to explore job (as a Project Manager) & business development opportunities.  Would anyone please give some advices?  I would highly appreciate it.

Some questions as starters:
1.  I am a US citizen, do I need to obtain a visa to enter Myanmar? If so, where should I go?
2.  Is there a direct flight from Vietnam to Myanmar?
3.  What is the most booming city/area in Myanmar for business?
4.  Any special factors to be highlighted?

Many thanks

Torrance

If you will not open company there ( 500.000 USD for start ) or no one will hire you to the boad of directors, you will not get visa to Myanmar for a longer period than 2 months.

Hi Peppy Song:

My background is also an architect, but I have been doing Project Management for the last 14 years.

Anyway, your idea sounds great.

Thanks

[Moderated: no free ads pls]

I am interest in this topic

terryjuly wrote:

If you will not open company there ( 500.000 USD for start ) or no one will hire you to the boad of directors, you will not get visa to Myanmar for a longer period than 2 months.

I read about the 500K min to start with, but what if I join a local to create a company?  I am far from having that amount, but would like to start a little guesthouse myself in Burma or VN (I am a Viet Kieu).

Thank you

7waves wrote:
terryjuly wrote:

I read about the 500K min to start with, but what if I join a local to create a company?  I am far from having that amount, but would like to start a little guesthouse myself in Burma or VN (I am a Viet Kieu).

Thank you

Actually the money is not important. The important is what types of business that you interest, money can collect and loan by bank. Beside that, you also can find your partner to start the business together, but first you should convince him why he need support you.

I am looking for frenz who live in myanmar...

Regarding this.

Peppy Song wrote:

Hey there,

I am also interested to do some investment in Myanmar, probably a design related business, such as architect firm or consultancy firm. I am going to investigate the market for two month starting from next week.It will be nice if we can keep in touch and discuss about it. I will need any lead or helps in setting up a business over there at Yangon or Mandalay.

Feel free to email, message or chat.

terryjuly wrote:

I am doing business in Myanmar from some time already, 2 companies including one hotel, if required any help, contact me through PM

Hello Boss, I am already in yangon and looking for good opportunities in Hotels as i am having almost 17 yrs experience as as Chef with international exposure. If you have any leads please do guide me.
Regards

hi everyone,

I am coming to Myanmar next month (november).
I come there to look for a chance to do business there. May be in agricultural, woods. If anyone can help me to meet any company or suppliers in Yangon or Mandalay or have any ideal about cooperation in doing business, please feel free to contact me by email tung.nguyenquang[at]gmail.com
Thank you everyone!

hi,Hi Mark,
I have read your forum in the explat blog. I am interested in starting a business in Myanmar. We wish to import motorcycles (in CKD or semi CKD) for the mayanmar market from India.  We may also set up a assembly plant. Please introduce us to your friends who can help us in our business.
thanks
Vikram Krishna

Hi TerryJuly. It's great to know that you come from Vietnam also. Give me your contact and we'll have coffee or drink together at weekends. Thanks and hope to hear from you.

There's another Vietnamese newbie here. Are you in Yangon? If yes then coffee on the weekend?

Hi Havanle, let us meet up sometimes to practice our vietnamese. hehe

How are you sir?, my name is Paul im a canadian born business man who is looking for an opportunity to make a minimum 1 million USD in the next 8 to 12 months im willing to move to Burma, Cambodia or anywhere destiny will take me. Do you have any ideas?

Thank you.

Hi Cuewen,

I am the one who wants to make more money you are looking for,...heheh
What is your an established business in Singapore?
I also getting into business in Yangon soon.

Angeline

Hi Sir,..

Nice to see you here.,on expat ,.
I am also thinking to do business in Yangon.
What is your business plan?

Angeline

Paul143.
How are you sir?, my name is Paul im a canadian born business man who is looking for an opportunity to make a minimum 1 million USD in the next 8 to 12 months im willing to move to Burma, Cambodia or anywhere destiny will take me. Do you have any ideas?

Dear Paul,
U r either very funny guy with great sense of humor or must be very simple and honest guy.
I want to make $1 billion within next 12 months. Any ideas? Let's make lots of money!  LOL!
Regards,
Winston.

Expats posted on this blogs are SME Business Owners n individuals with some start up capitals. If u r trying to do the networking n finding biz partner, it's not going to work. It'll even b worse for someone seeking biz ideas n plans. Nobody going to share with u.
If u r committed, come to Myanmar n explore. A good place to start is to join British Chamber of Commerce, Euro Chamber of Commerce n etc. They organize Networking Events time to time. As well as attending various conferences n exitbitions in Naypyitaw n mostly in Yangon.
Myanmar as u know is third world country. All the poor infrastructure translate to OPPERTUNITES. Just find ur niche n go forward. If u r not familiar with Investment Law, pay foreign law firm to get facts n figures. If u r in manufacturing for any consumer goods, there are two local companies to collect data's.
Lastly, if u in trading biz n thinking of doing biz with any of the government ministry, u need money n connection. If u have either or will not succeed. This sector is tough net to crack but lots of money can b made.
I'd hope all of u will do well n best of luck.
Regards,
Winston.