Hi, I am near Edinburgh

Hi, I am 50+, looking for friendship only. I love creative projects, friends, great conversations, walks, writing, cooking, recipes, laughter and would love to meet other South Africans around my own age group. Been here a year now and settling into the chilly weather has been tough!

I also enjoy great restaurants, the coffee scene and would deffo meet up with like-minded people who want to reach out to other S.Africans here.

Have an inspirational day.

Hi Joolzie,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Can you please write a longer introduction of yourself please? ;)

Thank you,

David.

[moderated: off topic.]

Hello Joolzie

I have not come on the website for a while, I stay in Livingston, if you are still feeling lonely and still looking just to meet up to get to know people I don't mind at all,hope you are more settled. kind regards Julianne

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I have not been on this site much, seems a tad quiet!

I will check in for a reply from you, definitely still keen to meet other SAfricans. Take care.

Joolz

Hello Joolz,

I'm a Yank in your age bracket preparing to move to Edinburgh and although I don't speak Afrikaans, I would also be interested in platonic friendship/correspondence.  I'm a semi-retired Physio (and former restaurant owner, so I definitely have an interest in cooking).  Currently planning to return to Scotland around September/October, '14 if you would like to keep in touch. 

JohnMark

Hello JohnMark

good Luck with your move, I don't speak afrikaans either so that is not a worry! I work in Edinburgh now and commute in daily, its not too bad although haven't done it in winter  yet so we will see how much I enjoy it then.

Make contact as and when your settled there are quite a few connections for making new friends etc there is a social group called Spice worth taking a look at which will give you other contacts which may help. Jools

Sure that would be great. Also strictly platonic and love your interest in food!

Joolsz

Winters seem to have gotten a bit less predictable lately.  My last full Winter there was in '06 and it was pretty mild, but from what my friends there tell me, they've had more snow and ice the past couple of years.  Do you drive in or take the train?  I've been looking at flats in Musselburgh and even as far away as North Berwick, so will be traveling a bit myself once there.  I'm not too bothered with the distance thing as long as there's train service fairly close.

At any rate, hope to catch up with you over an espresso sometime.  I'll check back here periodically as things progress with my move and thanks for the info on 'Spice'.  I'll check it out- Is it spicescotland.com?  Are you on that site, as well? 

JohnMark

And, just for clarification- regarding the posts from Joolz, Joolsz and Joolzie- Am I correct in presuming there are 2 of you posting here with similar names?

JM