Teaching ESL Yangon (Horizon Int.)

What's going on with Horizon these days? I was offered an interview for their upcoming 2014 Summer Camp (March-May). I'm not looking for a long-term job in Myanmar, I just want to take a break from Korea for a few months and check out Myanmar while working so that my savings don't take a hit. But I also want to get paid and not work for a school that is having lots of problems. Anybody have some recent information about Horizon? Thanks :)

Hi,

Sorry, but I haven't been there in three years. Good luck, it'd be interesting to find out what's going in there.

Andrew

I worked there last summer (March-May 2013). I know there was discussion on this board about whether or not there were issues with getting paid and all that. Myself and another teacher (also on this board) were worried about it, but in the end, there never was any issue whatsoever- we got paid, just as was stated in the contract. The principal, vp, and all of those people were really nice, although I think the principal may have changed at some point last year, so you could have a different experience, but while I was there, it was good.

As for your savings, you probably won't be able to add much to it. The salary was plenty to live off of, but after taking flights and everything into account, I think I broke even from the whole experience. Nevertheless, it is Myanmar, a fascinating country, and if that's what you're going for, it'll probably be worth it.

Will someone post the contact details of Horizon please?